15th July WT ...Islam is the King of the North??

by caspian 76 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

It's a knee-jerk overreaction to Brooklyn being "asleep @ the wheel" for so long. It just goes to show that rather than Holy Spirit, they were led by the spirit of a few men with good imaginations. Those fellows (F. Franz, Rutherford with Franz whispering in his ear & Knorr w/ Franz whispering in his ear) are gone.

With their passing, the "engine of prophecy" of downtown New York has fallen onto hard times and disrepair/disuse. This attempt to restart the engine is being primed by some serious straw-grasping.

Mustang

• bebu
    bebu
    In reality what they do is they have a giant roll-a-dex. They spin it every few years and match up whatever word or phrase with a Bible scripture. Bethel Wheel of Fortune.

LOL. This would be funnier if it weren't true.

and it says the Soviet Communist bloc replaced Germany as 'king of the north' simply because ...

This is idiotic, so idiotic I don't know what to say!! I'm completely flabberghasted by the amazing arrogance of the WT in refusing to acknowledge they were WRONG...

<---He's the REAL king of the North!

bebu

• mustang
    mustang

I recollect that the old lime-green "Your Will" (???) book of the late 50's (???) mentioned oil as a motive/motivating factor. This was the one that pushed Daniel's prophecy and got us all hyped up about KON/KOS. This one made King of the North a household word in the JW camp. But it wasn't as good as Roger Miller doing "King of the Road".

Mustang

• bebu
    bebu
    But it wasn't as good as Roger Miller doing "King of the Road".

LOLOL, Mustang

bebu

• JeffT
    JeffT

If true this would make a good addition to the quotes site. For a number of years (pre- WWII) the king of the North was Germany. After Germany got turned into rubble it became the Soviet Union. I remember some mumbo-jumbo about how the USSR "assumed" the position of KON. I haven't heard it talked about much since the Soviet Union collapsed, but then that was after I was out. Looks like they're getting desparate to keep the flock excited.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Don't they read Daniel? The kings of the North and South are rulers of a former empire that had been divided and parcelled out (11:3-4). Since when did the US and Russia form part of the same empire, or the US and the "Islamic World"?

NB: What Daniel was referring to was the Seleucids and Ptolemies, as the description fits the historical facts in exquisite detail.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I recollect that the old lime-green "Your Will" (???) book of the late 50's (???) mentioned oil as a motive/motivating factor. This was the one that pushed Daniel's prophecy and got us all hyped up about KON/KOS. This one made King of the North a household word in the JW camp.

The "Your Will Be Done" book was published in 1958, the year they had that International Convention in New York where a quarter-million JW's attended.

That book stated (in yet another wrong guess) that the King of the North (a.k.a. the "communist bloc of nations") would continue to oppose and persecute Jehovah's Witnesses all the way down until Armageddon. I'd guess since the "iron curtain" fell in 1989, they've not repeated that false prophecy!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Leolaia

There you go again trying to debunk the Governing body and the guiding Holy Spear-it with reason and logic....you silly mortal.

You need to embrace the teachings of Jehoovers Visible organization, grab onto the reigns of Jehovahs Celestial Chariot and yell out loud Giddy-ap.

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Yosemite_Sam/ltys_084.wav

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Shotgun,

you are killin' me here.

FLOL (Freaking Laughing Out Loud)

• shera
    shera

Bebu

I always thought this place was king of the north?! All these yr I have been mislead......***sigh***

http://www.claus.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit