15th July WT ...Islam is the King of the North??

by caspian 76 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

As Truthseeker has the July 1st WT

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/71746/1.ashx

maybe he can verify.

Have to say, I said some years ago that they'd switch it to Islam. Maybe the Holy spirit's been acting on me after all.

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of the old book study books said it would all come down to the oil. Does anyone remember which book that was?

• caspian
    caspian

It is the 15th of July WT, that has just gone into print at the bethels.

Sorry if I confused anyone by not explaining the date properly

Cas

• City Fan
    City Fan

I agree with you justhuman, China would logically be the next choice of 'King of the North'.

It's still a communist country as was the old king of the north. It has the largest army, fastest growing economy (6th largest in the world), it's on the UN security council, and who knows what arguments will develop between the US and China as manufacturing jobs go from one to the other.

I suppose Islam could be a choice because of the present conflict. I just had a quick glance at my 'Pay Attention to Daniel's Drivel' book and it says the Soviet Communist bloc replaced Germany as 'king of the north' simply because it stood 'in strong opposition to the Anglo-American alliance'. So I suppose using that line of 'reasoning' then Islam would now be King of the North. I don't think the Watchtower will actually state this but may say something like 'time will tell' if Islam has become this King.

It would save them a lot of time and effort if they realised the real King of the North died over 2000 years ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Caspian, I wonder if you'll get a buzz over this only to have the source give you false information again.....So in your current state, you have men in high places share infomation about "new lite" with you, huh? Well, it will be interesting to see if this article suggests this.

• shamus
    shamus

It wouldn't suprise me; although they it would if they just came right out and said it.

Time will tell.

• caspian
    caspian

Ok Min.

I made it clear that I hadn't seen the article.

Theres no buzz, just a sad curiosity that the GB have to keep changing the story to fit in with World events.

As you quite rightly inferred "only time will tell"

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

You mean to tell me all those boring hours as a child, studying Babylon the Great has fallen on Tuesday nights where the kings were identified as the US and Russia, were for naught?

I want a refund.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    f so, I'd like to know how Islam gets a Northerly designation, when in fact it's eastern in relation to the US
    You're kidding right?

It depends which way round you go to get to it. Englishman.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is the kind of WTS crap that gives me such tired head now. Remember how they would go into excruciating detail on the king of the north and the king of the south? Like anyone cared. Or what about that statue in the book of Daniel? A boulder thrown from a mountain smashed it and all the little pieces meant certain world powers. Yawn.

In reality what they do is they have a giant roll-a-dex. They spin it every few years and match up whatever word or phrase with a Bible scripture. Bethel Wheel of Fortune.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit