15th July WT ...Islam is the King of the North??

by caspian 76 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

That's retarded. A fringe group within Islam is and has been an annoyance to the Western world. Islam itself is not the enemy of the "King of the South" Besides that, even when viewed through the lens of Witness theology, "Islam" is not a worId power and is in no position to storm forth like a "whirlwind" with "chariots" and "horsemen" (then again.....) and "many ships"

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hey, check out this Adventist webpage:

http://www.endtimeissues.com/articles/67/

Same thing but reversed, US as the King of the North (with the papacy) and Islam as King of the South.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If this is true, the WTS has a big problem trying to explain that doctrine. The society teaches that all other "kings of the north" throughout history were world powers. The Islamic countries are anything but that. They live in the dark ages, are widely fractured and their women still rinse their hair in camel piss.

If the WTS states the "king of the north" doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a world power, then why would God make an exception in the case of Muslims?

Farkel

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Pardon my skepticism of this , but I will await the next mag with a great interest. It does not make any sense, but hey! when has that stopped them?

Did not that Brooklyn elder who was also involved in the UN scandal ( Spiro Something) make a similar claim once, but that was highly unofficial.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Be interesting to see if that is the case. Would be a typical WTBTS knee-jerk reaction. Whatever is in the headlines. Left over mentality from Russell.

I'd like to know how Islam gets a Northerly designation, when in fact it's eastern in relation to the US

Actually the WTBTS considers anything outside Brooklyn N.Y.as North.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Guys come on they are just trying to sell more comic books it is not like they actually believe it. Also they deny Jehovah is directly inspiring them. Just more conjecture.

w02 10/1 p. 17 Jehovah Blesses and Protects Those Who Are Obedient ***

22 Another reason for confidence is that "the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7) Today, Jehovah does not inspire prophets as in the past; instead, he has commissioned a faithful slave class to provide timely spiritual food to his household. (Matthew 24:45-47) How important, therefore, that we have an obedient attitude toward that "slave"! As the following article will show, such obedience also reflects our attitude toward Jesus, the ?slave?s? master. He is the One to whom ?the obedience of the peoples belongs.??Genesis 49:10.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I thought Santa Claus was King of the North.

/<

• Carmel
    Carmel

Although biblical exigesis might claim that the worlds religions could be refered to as "nations" Islam has no central authority such as a pope to call "king". Its eclesiatical order is built on as flimsy a ground as most christian heiarchies, catholicism included. Most exigetics would say that the "north" orientation would be in relation to Israel, in which case the "north" designation falls flat again for Islam, who's center of origin was southerly. But then the FDS has an uncanny way of twisting and turning in the wind when it comes to scriptural analysis.

carm

• bebu
    bebu
    I'd like to know how Islam gets a Northerly designation, when in fact it's eastern in relation to the US
    Actually the WTBTS considers anything outside Brooklyn N.Y.as North.

ROFL!!!!! Well then, that makes everything crystal clear!

bebu

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was pointing out proximity to the US because the US is not geographically south of the holy land anyway. If two entities are each N and S of the same area, that would make them also N and S in relation to each other. It just seems to me that the wts got into trouble with their interpretation once they get to the so-called "last days". Leolaia mentioned on the same thread the orginal Selucid-Ptolemaic designations, and yes, that is in proximity to the holy land and does not appear problematic at all. It simply seems to me that now the wts is starting to really reach if they indeed interpret Islam as King of the North.

Daniel 11 says:

40 "At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood. 41 He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand. 42 He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape. 43 He will gain control of the treasures of gold and silver and all the riches of Egypt, with the Libyans and Nubians in submission. 44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. 45 He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at [6] the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.

If it was the USSR that fulfilled verses 40-43, how can some other "King" fulfill the next two verses? It seems to me that verses 44 and 45 are describing an action that continues from the previous verses and hence would describe the actions of the same entity, not a new or different one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit