What "CAUSES" a molested child to hurt? (Warning: Possible Triggers)

by gumby 195 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This is a safe place. If anyone has concerns about predators or other unsavory characters, please let Simon or a forum assistant know and it will be dealt with.

Chris

• gumby
    gumby
    Does this help you to understand it, Gumby?

Frannie....I have learned much from this thread. Thank you.....and {{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}} I'm sorry you too were a victim. I cannot believe how many there are.....it blows me away.

Gumby

• talesin
    talesin
    I cannot believe how many there are.....it blows me away.

Gumby, it does boggle the mind, doesn't it?

Something I've learned over the years is that the 'victims' of these crimes are as varied as any other group. You never know, it could be the most 'together' person you know who secretly struggles with these issues every day of her/his life.

That is why many have embraced the term 'survivor' as opposed to 'victim'.

They feel it is empowering to state clearly that they are no longer being victimized by choosing to identify themselves as a survivor, a hero(ine) so to speak, who has progressed beyond the victim state. lol

{{{frannie}}}

tal

btw, BT, tks, this board IMO is as safe a place as any public forum could be. It's reassuring (to me) to know it is well-monitored.

Rest assured, if someone sent me 'inappropriate' PMs, I would immediatly copy them and send to Simon or one of the mods.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I cannot believe how many there are.....it blows me away.

There are more than you know Gumby. Sad to say, but there are a whole lot more that have read this thread and did not post. It's a subject that is hard to read about, even more difficult to talk about but damn near impossible to tell others about your own experience.

Talesin, thanks. We try to do our best, but it's always nice to hear compliments instead of complaints.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

With estimates of 6 / 10 girls being victimized before they reach the age of 18 that means more than half the women you know will have been sexually assaulted in some way. The numbers are staggering - epidemic for sure

((((to the whole gang in here and those who are reading but haven't posted))))

And I agree - I am a survivor - no longer a victim

• talesin
    talesin

If I could express a thought many of us may be thinking right now ...

((((to the whole gang in here and those who are reading but haven't posted))))

"bears repeating"

(heheheh, couldn't resist )

but seriously,

a lot of great stuff got accomplished here, imnsho (heheh), over the last coupla days

I, for one, am very thankful to all contributors

{{{{lee}}}} {{{{BT, Nina, kids}}}}

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( A L L O F U S ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

tal

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie....I have learned much from this thread. Thank you.....and {{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}} I'm sorry you too were a victim. I cannot believe how many there are.....it blows me away.

Thanks, Gumby....yes, there are many....much more than you will ever know....seven of us just in my family.....and I *am* a survivor.

I almost didn't post on this topic, yall. But I hafta say....it went wayyyyyyy beyond the molestation towards ruining any self-esteem and shaming me and heaping guilt on me. There was never a family get-together where I felt safe......never a family bar-b-que that I wasn't singled out in a dark hallway and mauled against a wall.....never a time when someone slept over at our house that my bed wasn't invaded. But to top it all off, one of my uncles talked me into going out to his car at one of the family get-togethers, telling me there was a funny book in his glove compartment that he wanted me to see....He told me that I could learn from it and that it was in a plain brown wrapper, but if I was caught, I was on my own....he'd deny any knowledge of my being out there. Naive as I was, I went to inspect the funny book, because I was 11 years old and loved funny books. I didn't realize what they planned. I hadn't opened the book and turned a few pages till my aunt came out to see what I was "up to" and discovered me with the shameful book. My reputation in the family was ruined from there on out and any credibility was gone for me. I could *never* reveal what they were doing to me, because I was the bad girl in the family now. They set me up. The men in the family got together and set me up for that. I didn't even realize it until just a few years ago.

As a result of my childhood experiences, I have a phobia. I can't stand crowds....stayed on the edges during conventions/assemblies. And in the dark where there's a crowd, I get physically ill and suffer hyperventilating panic attacks. It doesn't matter that I know what causes it.

Frannie B

• gumby
    gumby

I've got another question relating to this I would like some input on.

I have heard stories where people 'block out" horrible things that happened to them in the past from their memory to the point that they are not even aware of it. Later.....when they get older......something will trigger their memory and they will for the first time, recall the horrible incident....( such as being molested). Also hypnotherapist's have been able to drag out demons from a persons past buried deep in their minds

Has this ever happened to anyone here? If so.....what was it like?

Gumby

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oh, yes, it has -- I was an eyewitness to this as Big Tex dealt with his horrible childhood in bits and pieces. Lady Lee started a couple of threads about this, and I'll try to find the links tomorrow, if she doesn't find them for you tonight.

Nina

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks Nina

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit