My two week consulting trip to Bethel (the beginning of the end) Part 4

by seven006 83 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

I remember reading this a long time ago even before I set up an account on JWN. Loved reading it then and it's still just as good of a read now.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This, for all our newer members - was the author of the supremely classic "Freddy Brown Shoes" account of how he met F. Franz on the way to his volunteer assignment - and Freddy was actually talking to his shoes.

Sad now that I better understand the senility of age - but this was the moron that was leading what is now 7 million people into religious insanity.

Talking to his shoes.

• Scott77
    Scott77

At a time of my depression or feeling of isolation as I fought to DA myself against all adds, this was the first article I come across. What a relief! It was like an oasis in the desert. That was in 2007. I was so profoundly shocked. Bethel as the bastion of holiness was demystified. By concidence,it was the same time that I read about Anderson's exposure of Bethel as a place where a list of pedophile elders are stored. The courage of this humble, God fearing woman was touching.

Scott77

• talesin
    talesin

Any news of Seven? I see he stopped posting 3 years ago, while I was away. I have been wondering for quite some time, how he was faring w/ his illness, a PM would be appreciated.

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later.

• clarity
    clarity

Glad this story was brought forward, the archives are such a wonderful treasure!

>

The bethel trip is an amazing "watchtower unmasked" story!

I read through it, that first shocking, terrible, fascinating, eye-opening week, 2 yrs ago!

I walked around in a daze muttering ... whaaat? No! Yes! Can't be. OMG! It is a CULT!

>

So Dave's story stands out and I thank him so much for it. I hope he's around still.

Wouldn't it be great to hear from him again?

clarity

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump...

Again!!!

• Dogpatch
  • poppers
    poppers

I wanted to go back and put a little sign on the door of the secret library that said "When leaving please turn the light off, a new light will be installed on each visit."

I did slip the wine bottle carrying kid a twenty and told him not to share it with his boss. I swore Id never go back to that restaurant. I don't think a couple of Muslim fundamentalist liked the service there either.

That's some great stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit