My two week consulting trip to Bethel (the beginning of the end) part 2

by seven006 93 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

Dave please include me in your next visit to bethel....

My wife keeps planning for us to go so that I can really see Jah does direct the Org, but I'll only go if your the tour guide.

BTW why would your old buddy want to share a room with a guy who's previous roomate liked using the trapdoor(Not that there's anything wrong with that if its between two consenting adults.......Whew)

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Great story telling Dave.

Don't post an update for while if you can, i gotta get back to work and don't need any more distractions.

Winston.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Dave, Fantastic reading. You're a great story teller. Jeez, I never knew that about Lee Greenless, the perv, amazing how us lowly publishers would get df'ed for that and he gets New Orleans and the status of being one of the GB - wonder how the R&F would react to that tid bit? Can't wait for part 4 - V Sky

• willyloman
    willyloman

Just piling on...

My trip to the Art Department was nowhere near as interesting as yours, Dave, but your post brings it all back. I met the exact same people and got the exact same vibe. The "special tour" was set up by a Bethelite acquaintance who got me in because in my professional life I was engaged in the same sort of business. However, I didn't recognize much of what they were doing there. I attributed it at the time to the difference between paid and volunteer labor. I was struck by the same things you were. Some of them were brusque and clearly uncomfortable with the awkward presence of a "visiting professional," and they mostly couldn't wait for me to leave. So what was supposed to be the highlight of our trip was a bit of a disappointment. I walked away thinking the same thing I always think whenever I interact with any art department, anywhere in the world: Artists are a little whacky and they don't play well with others.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Anxiously awaiting part 4!

Aunthill

P.S. btw, if you are dyslexic, I am really impressed with your writing and spelling.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Dave, I posted the URL's to Parts 1, 2 & 3 on an xdub support list while ago....it didn't take long...they're over there havin' squealin' worms over gettin to read Part 4 when you get it ready....see.....you are playin to a larger audience than you thought, huh!

Frannie B

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    posted the URL's to Parts 1, 2 & 3 on an xdub support list while ago....it didn't take long...they're over there havin' squealin' worms over gettin to read Part 4

Frannie

Dear lord frannie, how in the world do you have time to be so busy over here, and still have time to participate in another x-dub group?

Do you have more than 24 hours a day or maybe a one of them fang-dangled time machines or sumpin'?

Winston, of the '24 hours a day ain't enough' class

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Dear lord frannie, how in the world do you have time to be so busy over here, and still have time to participate in another x-dub group?

Frannie's on track to post 8,000 times in a year, a pace exceeded only by... Fred Hall!
    Her content is much better, though.

• seven006
    seven006

Part 4 is done. I still have a new topic block for another day. I have sent Ang a PM to see if I can get it lifted just for today. I don't want to post it at the end of this thread so that it doesn't get lost.

I'll post it when I can.

Dave

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Frannie! <gasp>

Yer not posta be telling about us squealin worms over on the other list! We're waiting patiently, prim and proper, like the nice XJW ladies that we are. <grabs Seven Oh-Oh 6's neck and screams "When will Part 4 be ready?! Dam*it!">

<smiles coyly and thunks Frannie>

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit