My two week consulting trip to Bethel (the beginning of the end) part 2

by seven006 93 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse
    As I remember, she was a very good looking woman.

Oh, yeah. For a bit she was a house-keeper over at the Towers (back when the WTS was only leasing the first 3 floors...I was in room 416...LOL, now why do I remember that?). This was before she and Dan were married, but everybody "knew" she'd been brought into Bethel for Danny. She usually tied her blouse up like a halter-top, and wore very nicely fitting shorts ...I'm proud to say I never, not even for one microsecond, had any fantasies about her.

Speaking of the Towers, I have a story about that...later.

Craig

• dmouse
    dmouse

Great stuff Dave, does this bring back any memories of breakfast at bethel?:

• logansrun
    logansrun

This thread sucks!

hehe....j/k...it rocks

Bradley of the "I can't wait for more" class

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Dave, you have GOT to publish this...no doubt about it.... Even on a webpage, if nothing else...

I am peein' my pants here (grabs fresh "pretends" undergarment) Your sense of the ridiculous and the manner in which you express it is SOOOOOOOOO refreshing, guy...

Yeah, Dave, I figured they were "known for (their) fruits" (I apologize to any gays on JWD who are offended by this, cause I'm not really judgMENTAL anymore...well...not bout gays anyway) and I told 'em so....it's reassuring to know that even though I was "flyin' by the seat of my pants" with my....um.....premature articulation.....of that accusation against them in my letter to the Gov. Potty, which inspired them to df me, I was right on target...heheheheh

Can hardly wait for part 4, Dave....carry on...

Frannie B

• obiwan
    obiwan

as I grasped for air as we reached the last step on the eight floor. I thought to myself, this old guy may be nuttier than a bag of filberts but he's in damn good shape.

I about messed my shorts, I've met a few people like that myself! LOL

He said that Leo's last room mate had been kicked out of Bethel because he would get new young brothers drunk and then bring them up to his room and have sex with them in their butt. Yes, he actually said have sex with them in their butt. I didn't know whether to laugh my ass off or drop to the floor in a state of shock.

I can just see this kid cringe when he said " in thier butt".

Brother Leo In the butt, Freddie Brown Shoes and Flat Nose So and So.

Man, you and I could really crack on some people at a party. You're killin me.

• seven006
    seven006

dmouse,

It feels like a bad acid flashback. Iv had nightmares about sitting in those rooms. I don't ever think I felt more like screaming in my life. I only ate there once for the fist breakfast and never went back. I think I spent at least a thousand bucks taking people out the dinner and lunch in that short time.
    I don't know how all you ex-Bethel guys did it. I also wonder why they never put a photo like that in one of their publications instead of the illustrations of people eating out side with all their native costumes and fruit the size of basketballs.

If this is what paradise is supposed to be like, shoot me in the head and send me straight to hell.

Now I'm starting to really understand why my buddy Craig is the way he is.

I need to knock out a couple of renders and then jump back on part 4.

TeeJay,
    You know you like me but I know it kills you to admit it. There is just something about me that grinds your ass. I know what it is, and you'll figure it out someday grasshopper.

Dave

• obiwan
    obiwan

If this is what paradise is supposed to be like, shoot me in the head and send me straight to hell.

Dude! I'm right behind you! I'll even bring the cd player so we can listen to highway to hell from ac/dc.

• onacruse
    onacruse

dmouse, wow! That room...

I was on the cleaning crew, and we did a mop-out of every dining room every night, and a floor-scrub every week. The 10,000s of chairs I stacked, oh my (btw, those chairs in your pic look very very familiar) And of course there was the every-3rd-week KP duty, remember that?

And the semiannual text-and-comment assignment, sitting there in the 'presence', stiff as a board, waiting for that microphone. (When I was there, it was done up in the main 124 DR) I got lucky once...somebody ahead of me was long-winded, and they didn't have time to get to me LOL (whew!!).

What year was that pic? (If you don't mind my asking)

Craig

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

seven,

You can't imagine how much I'm loving this thread. I think if you had just been there a couple years earlier I would have enjoyed your class, too. Do you remember what year that was? Would you happen to remember if your buddy had the same initials as "Delirium Tremens." He and I used to speak in tongues to each other and most people would never guess that it wasn't a real language.

dmouse,

For some reason the picture brought back my best Bethel dining room memory. One time our breakfast cereal box contained an offer for free silverware, really good stuff, for a bunch of "General Mills" cereal boxtops. It wasn't the usual discounts from a Betty Crocker catalog, either. The cereal boxes that actually spelled out the free silverware offer was not well-known so I didn't have much competition. The sisters were more into these things than I was, but I was getting married within a year, so I recruited everyone from my table and a few other friends to blitz all the tables in each dining room immediately after dismissal. We collected a couple hundred box tops over the next couple of "cereal" days.

I had to mail my stuff out quickly, too, because even though the amount of sets offered was unlimited, the fine print said, one maling per household. Well, we all used the same address: 124 Columbia Heights even if we were at 117 or the Tower so if mine didn't go out first, then I was afraid I wouldn't get my wedding gift. I ended up getting so many matching sets of long forks, short forks, serving forks, knives and spoons of all varieties, and other assorted hardware, that we still use them today --a quarter century later.

Gamaliel

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I'm enjoying these "Bethel" threads tremendously, Dave, and evidently so is everyone else! How many minutes until episode IV?

You mentioned that you are dyslexic and I wondered why you don't use a spell-checker. Then I thought that the reason you

don't is because you couldn't be certain that the suggested replacement word was spelled correctly or not, as you are dyslexic!

I assume the same premise applies for a grammatical error.

Great posts!

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit