Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• YinzerDad
    YinzerDad
    "The attitude of "to hell with this sh*t, I'm not living my life like this," is not new to the newer teenage "Facebook Generation." Not at all. In the 1990's, my generation was totally FED UP with the over-the-top rules about dating, no education, no extra-circular activities, and being made a laughing stock out of at school. 95% of the JW's I grew up with, LEFT - permanently - never to return."

This. I was done before I ever got started. No college, no friends, no fun? Sounds like a winning marketing strategy to me! And looking back after 16 years, it really sounds like something I'd like to involve my wife and one year old child in as well.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Oubliette
    I've read about the power of mind-control and propaganda and reflected on my own experience (30 years a JW), I'm still astounded how this stuff works!

I read an article at the library last year about a young girl who was sold by her parents to a rich old man for sexual purposes. She was 4 years old. The man abused her till she was 16 years old. He would tie her up when he left the house with a some food on a plate like a dog and gave her a can for bathroom purposes. When the man died, the authorities rescued the girl.

She described her wonder and her amazement when she discovered what the real world was like. She had no idea that she could choose what to eat, what to wear, meet other people, have privacy for bathroom purposes, etc. After several years of being free, she was astounded that she was led to believe that her sole purpose in life was to serve the sexual needs of the old rich man.

Undue influence is used by humans not only in religion but in other areas of life to control other humans. What a crazy world uh! The WT sometimes looks like Santa Claus compared to other mind-controlled organizations or individuals.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    My 14 year old son has seen that this religion is just crap.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Just found out that my ex father in law,81 years old, still an elder in the congregation and has been a witness for 60 years, a pillar in the organization is finally researching some " apostate" literature and books.

Wow sporece, thanks for that information. That give us with loved one in the cult some hope. Never give up trying to help them.

My 14 year old son has seen that this religion is just crap.
    Ha Ha, the new generation.
  • hardtobeme
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

All these tall tales all belong to John Aquila.

But it was an interesting read.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Gees John, with a story like that, we JW kids had it good!! Holy Fuuuarrk!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

JA: The WT sometimes looks like Santa Claus compared to other mind-controlled organizations or individuals.

Yes, but the fact that there are worse examples of exploitation doesn't exonerate the WTBTS. In some ways they are especially culpable because of their claims of "having the truth" and being "the One True Religion."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ WingCommander...

The Facebook Generation "unfriends" the religion... that's clever. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

John Aquila - "...the internet has been the mighty sword that is toppling the Great WT..."

How 'bout "the internet is mightier than the sword"? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit