Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warwickslave
    Warwickslave

John,

That age group 65 and over have felt misled. I just had a conversation with a friend from the service department. He told me how many brothers feel there has been to many changes. At the end he told me " If they change the 144,000 or Jehovah name I'm done" I just find interesting someone that high up feels that way.

• sir82
    sir82

So, apparently, there are hundreds of old JWs spread across the southwest who regularly meet together, openly criticize the WTS, and not once has anyone had an attack of conscience & blown the whistle to another JW loyalist?

You've had some pretty spectacular stories, but this one may be the most out-there.

• maksutov
    maksutov
    Cool. Any idea what they think about shunning / blood?
  • happy@last
    happy@last
    It confirms that the older you get having lived all your life in the hopes of the big A you must start having doubts about the company you've been working for all your life
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Warwickslave

I'm in that age group but what's kind of weird, is I left just before the changes started taking place. Which i believe helped me from going bonkers. These guys are not apostates, so in a sense they are still stuck but at the same time they are free-- if that makes any sense.

No web address Vanderhoven7

It confirms that the older you get having lived all your life in the hopes of the big A you must start having doubts about the company you've been working for all your life

If you been around the WT as long as I have, and have given your all to believing the end was coming in your generation, then they change it, you can't help but have doubts, it's only human. If you don't have doubts, it's because your not normal. Something is missing, like a screw or two, in the old nogger.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Cool. Any idea what they think about shunning / blood?

I didn't ask about that, I was having a hard time soaking what I was seeing.

Their free, but still a slave, explain that to me

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "You've had some pretty spectacular stories, but this one may be the most out-there."

Why?

Randall Waters predicted this years ago.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This kind of meeting would not surprise me. Just an observation over the past several years, the older ones are very disturbed by what is going on in the organization. A comment we have heard from several: "It seems they don't care much about the elderly ones anymore."

The smartest ones (IMHO) are the young ones. They leave and don't really care what anyone thinks. It's a different generation of kids than when we were young. The facebook generation moto, "if you don't like someone, just unfriend them." As simple as that!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Randall Waters predicted this years ago.

Vidiot, by any chance do you have a link? I would like to read more about this phenomenon.

I think if I hadn't woken up, I might have been one of these people. I'm almost sure of it.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The facebook generation moto, "if you don't like someone, just unfriend them." As simple as that!

LOL! You know, you hit it smack on the nail. It all makes sense now about the young ones I see. I couldn't figure it out till now that you said that. They really don't care. Most of them couldn't care less about being elders or Ministerial Servants. They want a life and nothing and no one is going to stop them.

You always learn something on this board.

BTW what about the 30s-40s jws. They are not facebook generation but at the same time they are not the 60s and up who gave up their life. They are like in limbo? What do you think about them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit