Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Yeah...but the sad thing is what emerged from that schism. Or maybe I should say the horrifying thing. Don't forget that from that early schism arose the Jehovah's Witnesses

The schism was those who saw the ruthlessness of Rutherford at work. Rutherford "frankensteined" JW's out of the Bible Students / Russellites. The schism were those who did not want this Frankenstein religion and its abusive coup leader.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Oubliette

These guys are not apostates Could you please explain what you mean?

Yes from the WT perspective they are apostates. What I mean is that they are not apostates in the sense that we are.Their reason for leaving is they feel the WT has dropped the ball sort of like some of the Kings of Israel but were still used by Jehovah. King Saul comes to mine. They will not look at apostate sites or read books from apostates like Ray Franz. They will not consider the possibility that 607 BCE is a wrong date. They still believe the great tribulation is coming but they might die before. They still believe in Jehovah, Jesus, Annointed Kings who will reign in heaven but don't believe the GB make up that group.

They are basing their views on the changes they see and comparing it with the zeal they used to have in the old days and 2 + 2 don't add up.

One of the talks dealt with King Ahab and his queen Jezebel who killed Jehovah's prophets. God's name was still with Israel but the individuals running the show had become corrupted.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome H3 - 1914, good to see you here.

The support for the Organization has finally reached it's peak - John, the Annual Meeting talk by Samuel Herd made it clear that Special Pioneers were being booted in affluent countries!

Why? because it's a waste of resources to pay for folks who can't recruit in the West anymore - but 3rd world countries have growth potential.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The Searcher
    the Annual Meeting talk by Samuel Herd made it clear that Special Pioneers were being booted in affluent countries!

Why? because it's a waste of resources to pay for folks who can't recruit in the West anymore - but 3rd world countries have growth potential.

Searcher I didn't listen to the talk, I have a hard time listening to those talks, but did he actually say "it's a waste of resources to pay for folks who can't recruit in the West anymore"

Because if that's the case, I can't understand why all 8 million jws aren't getting it???

I mean that is just to crazy that he would say that. So the West has gathered all the sheep that will survived the Great tribulation? This is just to much!!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I am 36. From the age of 17 to 24, I would have fit in with this old group of old "inactive but believers." However, once I started truly diving into the FACTS of the matter on the internet, it was all over. I believed, (always had questions/doubts) but I was completely inactive and lived how I chose. I never got baptized either, as I knew that was a total trap. Jesus was 30, so no hurry!

The attitude of "to hell with this sh*t, I'm not living my life like this," is not new to the newer teenage "Facebook Generation." Not at all. In the 1990's, my generation was totally FED UP with the over-the-top rules about dating, no education, no extra-circular activities, and being made a laughing stock out of at school. 95% of the JW's I grew up with, LEFT - permanently - never to return. What evidence can I site to prove my statement? Why, the WT's own literature and talks that's what! The complete lack of male "servents" from my age group is astounding. There practically are none. You've got 50-60-70+ yr old guys as MS and Elders, with no new blood in site! WT management is practically BEGGING for "qualified males" to "reach out" and take the reigns of MS and Elder positions. But I ask you, whom is there to do so? Crickets are chirping. Even the few left, don't want it due to time constraints, family, and working that janitorial job hard to make ends meet. They saw how their own fathers were never around and worked nearly to death, and many Elder's sons I knew will NEVER become Elders. In fact, 95% of the Elder's kids - LEFT!

The newer "Facebook Generation" is even more quick to say, "To hell with this sh*t", and then "unfriend" the entire religion at the drop of "give us your ice cream money, and don't look on the internet!" then ever before. As for the older ones I knew as a child, including my own grandparents and parents? They all passed away, never having seen the Great Tribulation they all drooled over. I can't even go back to them and ask, "What were you thinking, following these men? Did you research the history of this cult at ALL?" Really upsets me sometimes.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    About time for a 'special needs' talk on having large JW gatherings.... see what it leads to.... a diluted old fools club.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

WingCommander said: The attitude of "to hell with this sh*t, I'm not living my life like this," is not new to the newer teenage "Facebook Generation."

You are correct WC. Me and my brothers had exactly the same reaction back in the 1970s and '80s.

• macys
    macys
    This is so cool! I am getting goosies!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...I agree with WingCommander.

This younger generation is more tolerant/accepting of differences then the generation before. They don't take any shi* off of anyone. NO ONE tells them what to do and how to do it. It's working great on the JW cult, eh? lol

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

WingCommander In the 1990's, my generation was totally FED UP with the over-the-top rules about dating, no education, no extra-circular activities, and being made a laughing stock

The 1990 is when I started slowly getting nudged to wake up. That was the decade the Generation change started to evolve and the internet starting taking off.

So it seems that the internet has been the mighty sword that is toppling the Great WT. The young ones today learn at an early date probably 10 years of age that the WT is crap.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit