Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    Did you research the history of this cult at ALL?" Really upsets me sometimes. -WingCommander

I feel your pain...

I am in my 40's. I have had long conversations about things with other brothers in the same age group. Our experience was this. The older generation ruled like tyrants in our congregations looking down on our generation growing up. Pesky kids we were. The organization as a whole was also run by this baby-boomer or older crowd. They were sure Armageddon was coming and they loved their authority positions.

Then one day it was like the old generation up in Brooklyn gave up. They called in the marketing company. The marketing company started them building out a website, digital products, and cartoons for the kids. Now the org caters to the millennial crowd (and their children) putting the single ones and couples through "evangelizer school" and acting like they have a batchelor's degree in JWism when they come out. The last circuit assembly I went to was dominated by early thirties pioneer yes men from this school.

Our generation got skipped over. It was irritating for a number of years. It was one reason I started waking up. Now of course, with being awake to the fraud, it doesn't matter. But other guys in my age group that haven't awakened are not too pleased with the sudden emphasis on brothers younger than us. For years, it was like you had to be 50+ to be used. Now you have to be a 30 year old pioneer "evangelizer school" zealot to be used.

It's obvious what they are doing. They are pushing out the older crowd to force their new agenda. The young guys are too stupid to see they're just being used.

Another embarrassment in the history of this doomsday (that never comes) cult. They lost my generation and will never recover from it in my opinion.

• clarity
    clarity

"My friend made it very plain when he invited me, that if I didn’t believe in the Bible and its promise of a New Earth, then this meeting wasn’t for me and I should look elsewhere."

I am getting the feeling that us oldies with a renegade spirit would fit much better in the younger groups, because if I had to believe in the bible & paradise, with or without the GB at the helm ...I would be out of there!

Thanks for putting this topic up John....very interesting.

Magnum are you in the UK ? I am in Canada.

clarity

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Our generation got skipped over. But other guys in my age group that haven't awakened are not too pleased with the sudden emphasis on brothers younger than us. For years, it was like you had to be 50+ to be used. Now you have to be a 30 year old pioneer "evangelizer school" zealot to be used.

Thanks for that insight.I feel for those in their 40s who still haven't woken up. What a mess to still have to be going to those wasteful meetings and conventions. Before you know 10-20 years will pass and they will be in their 60s and Armageddon still hasn't arrived. What will they do, what will they do?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JA: One of the talks dealt with King Ahab and his queen Jezebel who killed Jehovah's prophets. God's name was still with Israel but the individuals running the show had become corrupted.

Thanks for clarifying.

I've often wondered how every JW doesn't see this. The entire history of the Bible is about the leaders being corrupt. It's a foregone conclusion that all religious leaders will become the wicked Kings and/or the Pharisees.

The heroes of the Bible always pointed out the hypocrisy and corruption of the then current leadership, generally at great personal cost.

So it shouldn't be surprising that when a JW wakes up to TTATT they get disfellowshipped. It is simply repeating the Biblical narrative albeit in modern form.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am in Phoenix. There were a couple 'Meetup' groups for awhile but have closed. Mostly, just a stepping stone for ones leaving and moving on. Meeting people face to face was great! Some came and refused to even hardly talk and would only give an alias name. Next meeting or two, they would be talking freely. Some were disfellowshipped and broken, but a few meetups later were joyful as can be. Sometimes, there were about 20 there but mostly smaller groups 4-8.

There was no type of direction or agenda that anyone should believe one way another. Just a 'free expression' type discussion, encouraging others, everyone different yet the strong identification of where we had been and efforts of moving on.

Though, a couple years ago one 'young' couple stated they were also meeting with another group. It was 'Bible Students' a type of from Russell, on the east side of Phoenix valley. I didn't get specifics at that time because I live far from there. Also, maybe I don't know their purpose or concept but I never was drawn to reading the 'Studies of the Scriptures' - too extensively detailed for me. Plus, other things that, to me, just add too many unnecessary explanations. For me, the simple things are the better.

If older ones are having contact with others, that they would understand their plight. Internet may not be comfortable for them. Understandably, having face to face contact with ones you know or have similar ages and similar issues, would be great for them. Hopefully, they are adjusting in their way, possibly slower, or to a certain degree of issues. Whatever works is great. I would qualify age-wise but I do like the Internet.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I've often wondered how every JW doesn't see this.

You know, I have pointed this out to several jws but they don't seem to be able to put 2 + 2 together. I guess they are not ready for ttatt.

having face to face contact with ones you know or have similar ages and similar issues, would be great

Face to face is really the best, but I believe it is difficult for most to arrange and travel.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    Interesting!!
  • Magnum
    Magnum

clarity, I'm in the U.S..

xjwsrock: Then one day it was like the old generation up in Brooklyn gave up. They called in the marketing company. The marketing company started them building out a website, digital products, and cartoons for the kids. Now the org caters to the millennial crowd (and their children) putting the single ones and couples through "evangelizer school" and acting like they have a batchelor's degree in JWism when they come out. The last circuit assembly I went to was dominated by early thirties pioneer yes men from this school.

I agree with this.

• sporece
    sporece

Just found out that my ex father in law,81 years old, still an elder in the congregation and has been a witness for 60 years, a pillar in the organization is finally researching some " apostate" literature and books.

Just blew my mind when i heard that but finally many are realizing that the organization and teachings are nothing but a load of crap. Failed prophecies and promises and money making business like the rest of the religions.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

John Aquila: You know, I have pointed this out to several jws but they don't seem to be able to put 2 + 2 together. I guess they are not ready for ttatt.

Agreed.

As much as I've read about the power of mind-control and propaganda and reflected on my own experience (30 years a JW), I'm still astounded how this stuff works!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit