Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I hope with all my heart that what John is saying is true but the inner skeptic is telling me it isn't. I just find this to hard to believe to be credible. But then again at one point in time I also thought the idea of a national flag been displayed in a KH so unbelievable that this had to be the work of someone with an over stretched imagination. I was made to eat my words latter when I labeled it "bull shit". The way things are unfolding with this organisation anything is possible. Still though a bit of a tall story.
  • janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

My apologies cappytan. I wasn't aware of the demographics of the border congos. Much different in the midwest.

I'm still skeptical.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Two thoughts:

First, you say, "They don’t read apostate stuff." I wonder who decides for them what is "Apostate Stuff"?

Second, you mentioned that "This group of JWs still believe that God is at some point going to intervene into man’s affairs." That delusion is probably the last to die.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Actually, they are apostates, they just don't like that label. An apostate is someone that turns away from watchtower teachings, which is what they have done, and in a fairly significant way. Like all of us, we realize that the way the Watchtower describes apostates is not a fair representation.

It would be safe to say that they refer to themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses and the new organization JW.org as the apostates.JW.org has been the ones to change, not them.

As far as the comments on confidentiality and how it would not be possible to keep such a thing under wraps….in my day (did I just say that???) an elder or servant would keep all matters confidential. So these old timers, could continue to do the same. No different. They haven’t changed their stripes.

I would bet there are many others across the nation who are of the same view, only in smaller groups. A few weeks ago, there was a poster that got lambasted on this site because he felt that he and his family and a few others were acting as a true Christian within the realm of JW.org, but didn’t agree with the changes.

Just sayin

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

John Aquila,

I am of that 30-40 generation. 39 to be exact.

I got connected to web in 1999. This was way before MySpace and Facebook.

I am somewhere between Gen X and Gen Y. The Millennials grew up with Facebook, smartphones etc. For my age group we adopted it.

I disassociated in 2012.

I think our age group has more chance of leaving and making some sort of life for ourselves.

Truthseeker

• Storm
    Storm

"I was invited to a small get-together by a long time friend."

Or maybe you were invited to a sex-party on passion.com.

Or maybe not if the "youngest couple is 65 years old."

Posting a garbled mesh of gibberish may be "something interesting!" to anyone that's completely retarded. But, not to me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JeffT - "It would be safe to say that they refer to... the new organization JW-dot-org as the apostates..."

Well... they're not wrong. :smirk:

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Is there any updates on this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit