Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The phenomena of splinter breakaway groups of Jehovah's Witnesses is one that is pretty quiet but it does exist. The WT claims unity but historically, splinter groups have been happening since the beginning of Russell's time and have continued to form right up until today.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/20779/splinter-groups?page=1

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/reply/297149/Sects-of-Jehovahs-witnesses#reply-297149

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hey John thats really interesting news.

Please keep us posted - I wish that my mum and dad and some of the older ones that have passed away

were here to see the changes - I have often wondered like yourself what they would make of it all.

Thanks.

WGO

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

OrphanCrow - that's a lot of splinter groups.

So this is nothing new. The only problem with this group that I went to is that they will all be gone in the next 20 years. The youngest couple was 65 years old and some of the older one were in their late 80s.

I don't think young ones are forming any splinter groups.

Once the old remnants of the WT organization are GONE, then that will be the day when the WT will close its doors and open a NEW Religious organization. One that has nothing to do with 1914, blood, Last days.

Watchtower will finally be gone!

• Simon
    Simon

It's amazing there aren't more given the scale and frequency of their doctrinal changes but the fact that there aren't demonstrates that the majority don't really have strongly held beliefs about much other than that the society is always right.

That is their one and only core belief.

How else can people claim to adamantly believe something but then as soon as a Watchtower contradicts it, they suddenly switch to believe something else instead without question. That's why trying to reason that their beliefs are wrong is so often fruitless - they don't care, the one central belief they have is that the organization is their god and must be obeyed.

But some do believe and they want to keep their current faith which triggers breakaway groups. I don't think the environment is now conducive to these fragments growing into their own religions of any size like the Watchtower and others did when they broke off from the branch they were on in the late 1800's.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    In the Watchtower view, they would all be labelled "apostates".
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Simon
    It's amazing there aren't more given the scale and frequency of their doctrinal changes

Maybe there is and we aren't aware. Last week I would have never imagine there was a group like this. It's was kind of weird for me to be their because they are not JWs and they are not apostates. So what are they?

But I agree, the environment is not conducive anymore to start some other religion. Although from what they told me, that is not their intention. They meet only a few times a year to encourage one another to keep the faith in God and his promise of a New World. Plus they are to old to really do anything in an organized manner. Their basically done.

WHATSGOINGON
    I wish that my mum and dad and some of the older ones that have passed away were here to see the changes -

Maybe it's better they didn't. Learning ttatt is heartbreaking. This way they passed away in Peace.

Thanks for the link Vidiot!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I can confirm the truth to such a meet up but surprised at the size. Where I live one of the last members of the old writing department gets together with a small group of exbethlites and elders and their wives. Much smaller in scale.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    60 and above. Sounds like a group of people that are old enough to remember the 1975 fiasco. "Fool me once..."
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

This does not surprise me at all.

In my cong, and the neighboring Spanish congs, I notice that the JWs are very disconnected to what the Org asks for; youngsters are encouraged and follow through with higher education, more than a couple date and some recently have married non-JWs, they skip service and meetings often. In the demeanor there is this air of rebellion and doing one's own thing. I love it.

Thanks Internet!!!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit