Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• northern girl
    northern girl

Ravyn : I'd email you except there really isn't any privacy anyway since monkey published my email to him without my knowledge OR consent.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

you can email me at my yahoo address if you like. Josh was hurt by your message and thats why he published it--I am not agreeing or disagreeing with him doing that. But I would not publish our conversation just because it is off-thread and topic. But I don't want to argue with anyone, I have enough worries in my real life. I will discuss anything you want to tho. Just to give you a little background on me first, I was raised third generation JW, father was an elder and partook my whole life, I started regular pioneering at age 18 and quit at age 33, I have lived in 30 states, been in 25 different congregations, and because of my father's connections I was very close to Bethel and the Farm. I sat on Fred Franz's lap as a child, Ted Jarascz gave the dedication talk for my baptism. It might help you to read my deconversion posts first:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/49422/1.ashx

email me anytime!
    Ravyn

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Your text was not bound by copyright northern girl .. and to be honest I was disgusted that after I bared my heart you were to Private Message me about how you think I need a reality check.

Grow a heart or a brain .. seriously!

monk3y

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Josh,

Tough story. A couple of buddies (girls) in high school were lesbian, and they had a helluva time. It wasn't the fact that it was two girls, and it certainly wasn't about sex. People just hated them for being a normal, happy, lesbian couple. Guys gave them trouble as well, because they were real girls, and not supermodel lesbians, know what I mean? One girl had it so bad she tried killing herself twice in one year, poor kid. Her family supported her, and her friends did as well, but society itself is so tough on anyone gay. It sucks.

Northern Girl.

Maybe, just maybe that's why he posted the IM. He's tired of the abuse. Josh doesn't deserve it.

Josh,

It's great to hear you found a bit of a soul-mate in Chris. That's a great thing.

ash

• northern girl
    northern girl

monkey : after your last comments ... I rest my case.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I rest my case.

Ah, what's the proverb?

Out of the mouth of fools......

No? Hmmm. Well, it's something like that.

ash

• nilfun
    nilfun

Monk3y, what a hard-hitting post. It took me awhile to gather my thoughts enough to be able to respond. Most of the people that I am related to hate, I mean HATE gay people. Someone that I love very much passed away recently due to complications from AIDS. He was extremely self-destructive. I believe this was because he was taught that gay people were evil, hated by god, and were going to hell (he was not a JW). (And here he is-gay-being exactly the last thing he wanted to be. Why would he choose to be rejected/mocked by his own family?) Anyway, he engaged in extremely self-destructive behaviors that ultimately led to his demise. And the callousness of a certain JW at the news of his death was just shocking. He didn't die because he was gay. He died because nobody taught him, and he never learned how to love, accept and respect all of who he was.

Well, I hope my post wasn't offensive, Monk3y. I think you are a marvelous poster, and you never know who your words are going to help. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Take care

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ravyn, thanks for that thread of yours!

Notherngirl, you can email me too if ya want, I'll lick your toes if yer real nice.

[email protected]

Brumm

• northern girl
    northern girl

Brummie : Promise?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I deliberately had my tubes tied because I don't want children.

Dang, girl, you and I have so much in common it's scary. To quote my brother, "Is this some kinda pagan thing???"

Now if sex is only supposed to be between male and female--why? To reproduce of course. So now if I have sex with my mate and I have deliberately chosen not to reproduce it is as much a 'sin' as same gender sex or masturbation. Why would it be ok for me and my mate to have sex for pure enjoyment just because we happen to be different genders when it is not ok to enjoy sex alone or with someone of the same gender?

I've used the exact same example. Also, homosexual behavior is not unknown in the animal kingdom. Simply seems to be a part of the natural world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit