Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

bumping for the newbies, and those trying to shed old prejudices . . .

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Josh, i feel for you, im actually crying my eyes out right now. I'm sorry you had to go through with all of that B.S. Josh, no one deserves to go through with that :(

*huggles*

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

Very good testimony, but I'm puzzled : this is the same I've found here, but with another photo :

http://www.freeminds.org/sociology/sexuality/growing-up-as-a-gay-jehovah-s-witness.html

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I had a look at both photos, and they look like the same guy. The pic on Randy's site looks more modern.

I used to chat to Monkey in the past, and he's legit.

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

@Brocken : Thank you for this quick answer .... Monkey has now the chance to be free with a boyfriend ....

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

no, the one on my site is the original Josh sent me years ago. He's gone through a lot of growing up, good kid. He lives in Australia.

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

Okay. So every one has talked with him, but the "Josh" is different depending on the forum ...

Well, it doesnt' matter, the story is I think almost the same for every gay JW .... It's sad ....

Kisses from France

• nugget
    nugget

Thank you for sharing your story. The witnesses have no tolerance and are taught such nonsense about being gay that they believe you can change who you are. I am so glad that you have found happiness in your life and survived your past. Being a JW messes with your mind but having love and support certainly assists with recovery.

Hopefully your story will help others going through the turmoil you went through, it is so important that we share our experiences.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I find the solution in the Young People Ask book repugnant. I've struggled with this since 7th grade (I'm an "80/20 bisexual" in favor of other guys and have only come out to a select few ExJWs). This problem is HUGE within the JW community and it continues to be ignored. The advice in the publications might as well be summed up like this:

"Welp! Ok! We showed you the scriptures, soooooo... you know how God feels about the issue! Our job here is done. You just pray or read WT publications anytime those filthy thoughts enter your mind. And remember...it's probably just a phase you'll grow out of (talk about a FALSE HOPE!). You just try to live the rest of your life never knowing what it's like sharing that special bond with someone that the rest of us get to enjoy. And remember to ALWAYS have faith that JeeeHOOOOOvah will heal all sinful imperfections in the New System. "Probably you" can be like one-of-us, one-of-us, one-of-us... Ok, on to the next chapter, 'What Hobbies Should I Choose?'"

How different it would be if the roles were reversed! What if, one day, the old flabby elder woke up and was told that from this day forth, engaging in long term sexual relationships or marriage with the opposite sex was strictly forbidden, grounds for disfellowshipping and losing God's favor? How long could they stand to deny their natural impulses? I'd put my life savings up that 90% would fail--and by fail, i mean "fail" by CHOICE. Making a choice for happiness.

It's sooo sad seeing young ones in the Khall who obviously struggle. There is no approachable, active support group from within...even if they buy the whole WT Bill of Goods, they have to seek true help from "worldy" sources only--that's all that's availableto them! The only thing they can count on is becoming car group gossip fodder. My heart aches for them... I went through it too.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Yes... i loved reading this!

Im going through it at the moment! I love the bible and i love God, but unfortunately i am having to deal with the same issue. I cant have both! :(

Are there any others out there who are currently dealing with this issue?

Thanks Josh for giving us the benefit of your experience!

Love, Tim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit