Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• nilfun
    nilfun

Northern girl

Did you skip this part of Monk3y's initial post?

It hasn’t been easy to write this and I have been crying for most of the time I have been typing it.

I understand you have an opinion, but just for Monk3y's sake, maybe start another thread about:

Who would all of you have to blame for all your problems if it wasn't for the big bad WTBS. Don't you think it's time to shut the door on the past and move on. Really, there is more to life.

Please? It was hard enough for him to share this with us in the first place, please don't "poop" on his thread with remarks that come across as very callous.

• northern girl
    northern girl

nilfun : OH PLEASE !!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((( Monk3y )))

Thank you again for sharing, I realize it is hard to ignore those who bring pain into our life yet when its that persons aim here on this board to cause upset and upheaval we all have to stop feeding into her/his attention getting ways.

Hugs to you again Monk3y

Cassi, of the ignore the trolls class!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie : Promise?

I sure do ng, so where is my email? I'm not hitting on ya, I'm happily married, but that doesnt mean I cant lick yer toes right? Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Brummie

• northern girl
    northern girl

Brummie : You are too cute for words !!!!! ng

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((Josh, ChrisVance, OTS)))))))))) and (((((((BigTex)))))))) just for your very compassionate (and passionate) response.

I am certain that this post, Josh, while being cathartic for you, will also help many, many visitors to JWD in the future. I am very sorry for the sorrow, depression and near death you experienced, and understand on a lesser scale how the society tears down one's self-worth. I wanted to add my voice to those praising you for sharing your story, surviving your difficult past, and moving on to self-acceptance and happiness in love.

Hugs and best wishes,

outnfree

• northern girl
    northern girl

AlanF : Lighten up.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Boy Northern girl, you need to realize several things:

1) The Bible is not a magic book. If you research its compilation and writing, you'll find that you have been lied to most of your life about its nature.

2) The GB is a bunch of guys who are trying to read too much into a "magic book".

3) Most of us don't blame the WTS for our problems. We blame them for lying to us, trying to control us, for abusing us and then trying to evade responsibility. We blame them for claiming to have all the answers and when those answers didn't work, they blamed us.

4) Gay people are ok. They have sex with each other, fall in love, have problems, and die alone, just like each one of us.

5) Sex is not a sin. The reason for the Biblical proscriptions about it are rooted in patriarchal society, in religious fanaticism, and in nationalism.

6) sex is fun. and mostly harmless. Come on over and I'll show ya...

CZAR

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Monk3y.... I am not one to put labels on anyone. But I will say that you are a MAN for having survived it and having had the courage to tell that story. I haven't read all the replies, and frankly the troll is hardly worth mentioning... She has her own problems.

I admire your strength. I admire the fact that you realize that you "made it".

I know you dont know me, and my opinion is not important. The only thing I can say, is don't wish any such thing about having not been through it, to get where you are today. You seem like a compassionate person, and hopefully your post will help a lurker who may not be sure where he or she fits into this whole thing.... it may come naturally for you... but surely your experience has "fed" your compassion.

Perhaps one day, all people will share in the happiness that you have seemingly found.... but until then, you are a fortunate person for having survived it.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Thank you everyone, nearly all of your comments have been simply amazing. I thought I would have myself pulled together a little better than I was yesterday but clearly my story has taken more out of me the I first realised. It really is heat warming to positive comments from so many different walks of life, to share the same opinions and greif with people who arn't gay just shows how simalar and yet different we all are.

czarofmischeif -

To my pain and shame I used to be one those judgemental types - please forgive me, Josh, and all of you that I rejected because of their sexuality. I was raised the same way you were, the same patterns of thought, the same snap judgements, I just never had to deal with it beyond rejecting the occasional friend.

You don't need to seek mine or anybody elses forgiveness, being gay myself and acting towards my own type the same way as you before I came out I can absolutely relate. But thankyou for your words, because you are an inspiration. Thank You.

nilfun - I wasn't offended in the slightest by your comments, unfortunately as in any community some people go off the deep end and become highly self destructive .. to say it's disturbing to witness is an understatement as you will know. I thank you for your words

AlanF - I think you sum up alot of issues many of us have, some people find it difficult and annoying how upset people are with Jehovah's Witnesses thinking that we blame everything that is wrong in our lives on them. The fact of the matter is it's a system set up that isn't suppose to fail its people. We are told that Jehovah is there for us when he clearly isn't. We have artical after artical about brothers and sisters helping and reaching out with a caring heart to single parent families. But sadly, for all of it supposed goodness in entirity not alot of good comes from it.

You should not have put Northern Girl's private message out for public inspection without her permission. That's a gross violation of privacy and one of the greatest "sins" you can commit on the Net. You should have simply summarized her silly comments.

I would have "summarized" her silly comments had what she sent to me been longer but as it stood sending such a message to me only provoked a response from me. I wanted that to be put where she felt uncomfortable .. clearly she didnt want to be flamed for such a stupid and uncaring view so she posted it privately to me who was in a clearly fragile state. I see nothing wrong with exposing those seeds of hurtfulness.

Such facts strongly show that "Biblical morality" is not based on fact, but on a 4000-year-old culture that is irrelevant in today's world. Such Biblical morality teaches that women are mere items of property, which illustrates how out of touch it is.

Such facts strongly show that "Biblical morality" is not based on fact, but on a 4000-year-old culture that is irrelevant in today's world. Such Biblical morality teaches that women are mere items of property, which illustrates how out of touch it is.

I agree, the bible contradicts itself way to often. How can the idea that an angel being desired by men in sodom but such a bad thing and yet Lot offers his daughter to the people so the angel will be left alone ? Why would the angel need such protection ? Why is it ok to get ones father drunk with the idea of having sexual relations with him ok ? And yet so many lesser things are condemned. The man that reached out to stop the Ark of the Covernant from tipping being killed for his lack of trust in Jehovah has always been shocking and disgusting to me. We have all been there when something like that might happen .. somthing drops and without a thought you reach out and grab for it. Our friend was doing the dishes just recently and the electric mixer dropped into the water and she reached straight in to get it without thinking .. it was still plugged into the wall lucky for her the wall plug was switched off. But the idea is the same kind of thing. Actually I could go on all day how the bible condemns this and that and then later says its ok if your certain people. Anyways thank you for your supportive comments. *hugz*

Hamas -

I'm pleased you have found a good life, Monkey. You certainly deserve it, my friend. This story shows just how narrow minded those Witnesses really are; or how we all were at one stage. I know I certainly was.

That narrow mindedness I think we all shared Hamas .. thank you.

Thank you all!

Josh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit