Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

{{{{{Josh}}}}}

You're brave for sharing this and adorable just because you're you. I'll bet there are a few JW lukers here (and maybe some other fundies, too) who've been given a lot to think about -- namely the fact that gay people are also indeed... well... people. For some reason, a lot of them seem to forget.

I would've said this sooner, but I only started posting here again a couple of days ago. In any case... rock on. And all the best to you and your sweetie.

~Rochelle.

• Piph
    Piph

Josh,

I just read your life story...thank you so much for posting it and sticking with it through some of the negative feedback. That can be really hard to deal with, when it's your life they're talking about.

I just wanted you to know I think you're a beautiful, brave person for going through what you did and being true to yourself in the end. Truly a credit to the whole human race. You deserve every ounce of happiness that comes your way and then some.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Dearest Josh,

I never want to invade anyone's life or privacy by asking their story. I was so excited to read your story this morning. Although the tears just started coming.

The desperation, the hopelessness of a unloving God. These were our judgements, not God's! We are so much harder on ourselves than God is with us.

I am so happy to have met you online. Truly loving, compassionate man.

Have fun, life is what we make it, not how others want us to live.

Cathy

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Josh, thank you for posting that. I actually feel kinda ... honored... I know I am just one of many posters here, but *oh heck, I can't even finish my own sentences anymore, thats how much your story moved me*. ...

The past does make us who we are. And I was happy to read that you too realise that, and wouldn't want to change it. The pain you still feel, it will lessen. By writing it down, sharing it with people, talking about it, by doing all that you deal with that pain, it will lessen.

Meanwhile, I don't even know you in person, but if I did, from what I know from you here, I would be enormous proud of you. As I said before, you carry yourself with condidence in your sexuality, and I love that. Plus, you are damn fine looking too, both as man and woman

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Simply amazing story. I cannot imagine the torture you went through.

I'm so glad that you've come through the fire and are a stronger person for it. I hope you can continue to find people who love you for who you are and respect you for your experiences.

ADQ

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Josh

Just waned to say sorry for not following this topic and seeing what was going on.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Thats cool Simon, you have a huge job cut out for you keeping this forum running, the work you do is much appreciated. You simply cannot read and follow every entire thread, I understand that. Thank You

Josh

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Holy hell--how did I miss this thread??

Josh, my little monkey lumpkins!! I love you so much dude, and my respect and admiration for you have just doubled and tripled, if that was even possible.

Ya made me cry damn you!

I actually still have the diary I kept when I was in fourth grade where I wrote that I knew I was evil and a sinner, and that I wished I was dead--and that I really hopped Jehovah didn't resurrect me because I didn't want to face everyone in the paradise. Those feelings of not being good enough for God's grace really were hammered into us weren't they?

What you wrote about being depressed, and the feeling that Jehovah didn't answer prayers, and didn't care about us, really REALLY hit home for me. It was compounded by the fact that his "followers" didn't really care about us either.

That feeling of unworthyness really came flooding back to me as I read your post. I can't even imagine how much worse those feelings must have been for you--knowing you were that perpetual "sinner"--ugh! It makes me want to vomit even thinking of that un-caring cruelty.

You are such an amazing person. You've made me laugh until my sides hurt, and now--you bastard! Made me cry like a some housewife watching a Lifetime movie eating bon-bons--I hope you're happy! lol!

I am so glad you survived, and I am so glad you are in a good place now--living your life with someone who loves you very much. Because you deserve all the love and happiness in the world my friend--you really do!

And I am even more glad that you post here and that you could share this story with us. Please don't ever think of taking it down--everyone really needs to read this.

*tons of hugs*

Oh yeah--and those of you who were fighting in this thread previously--Puh-lease! How rude!! This has nothing to do with YOU! Don't make me come after you because I do bite!

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y
    Made me cry like a some housewife watching a Lifetime movie eating bon-bons--I hope you're happy! lol!

HAHAHHA I can so see you doing that :P

Even now I am completely puzzled how evil we were to ourselves because of that religion. That extreme point of self loathing, it's disgusting. But it's good to be able to share the experience with others, misery really does love company .. but it is also strengthening to each and every one of us.

I certainly won't be deleting my story, it is obviously helping quite a few people by the amounts of emails I have been receiving about it.

Thanks Jo Jo Bear *HUGZ*

Josh

• bigboi
    bigboi

Monkey:

Thanks for posting you're story. Forcing someone to deny themselves is a moral crime of the highest order. One day this org, wll be held accountable for the thoughtless, unmerciful way they handle ppl's lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit