Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)

by m0nk3y 263 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlanF
    AlanF

Teejay said:

: ... Now that the lights have gone on, many of us resort all-too-easily to thinking that we are so much better than those still caught in the system we've left that it's sickening. (I mean people like YOU, AlanF.)

But we are better, Teejay. If we weren't, we'd still be in the cult. We had enough inner spunk -- once buried, but now expressed -- to get out. There are Dubs, perhaps like Northern Girl, with enough spunk to still get out. Why do you think she's here? Either to troll, or to figure out why she should or should not remain a Dub. Either way, she has displayed only a glimmer of reasoning ability, having cast aside nearly all attempts at reasoning with her with moronic expressions such as "that's your opinion".

: How it is that people who were once JUST LIKE the so-called "trolls" that arrive here can now be so condescending?

Because experience shows that arrogant, condescending Dubs are generally shocked to find that most people don't have the high opinion of them that they have of themselves. Laughing at a stupidly arrogant person is the best way to shock them into reality. When they get a big dose of their own medicine, they hate it.

: ... remember what it was like as a Dub.

I do. That's why I do what I do.

AlanF

• teejay
    teejay

Alan,

How does it feel being right all the time? Of consistently having all the answers? It's one aspect of JW life that I work to forget. I thought we all did. Guess not.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Alright I have tolerated this bullsh*t from you guys long enough .. stop using this thread as a means to fight out you own crap .. this thread is about gay issues and my life story .. get it back to the topic or I will speak to simon about having your posts deleted off the thread.

You guys have been around on this forum long enough to know the rules and yet you constantly break them by posting the same post on several threads and also changing the subject to suit yourselves, really I think it's pathetic.

Josh

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

For anyone professing to be Christian, it is crucial to ask the question "What Would Jesus Do?"

You are correct, the story of Christ is written in the scriptures. Perhaps you should read them again because I don't see anything about Christ turning his back on someone hurting like Josh.

Much love,

-Ohio

• teejay
    teejay

I'm sorry, m0nk3y. You are right. My bad.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I remember a conversation I had with an elder’s wife. I wanted to know why some people were gay. She said, “It’s because they dwell on immoral thoughts”. And so I asked her “How do you keep yourself from thinking about other women”. She literally gasped and said firmly and loudly “I have never had immoral thoughts about another women!” And so I asked her “How does Ed (her elder hubby) keep from fantasizing about other men? She just spluttered.

Too, Too, TOO funny!!! I may swipe that as a comeback someday...hope you don't mind

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    he was getting quite angry because I had said I was born gay. After saying that gay people that got AIDS deserved to die because they brought AIDS into this world I said to him that was a disgusting thing to say and perhaps he should go and research a little more about the origins of AIDS

Damn, monkey... what a clueless elder! If I was in your shoes it would have pissed me off to no end. On the bright side: it was probably stupid JWs like him who helped you realize this organization is horrible and helped motivate you to get out.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

AlanF said:

But we are better, Teejay. If we weren't, we'd still be in the cult. We had enough inner spunk -- once buried, but now expressed -- to get out. There are Dubs, perhaps like Northern Girl, with enough spunk to still get out.

I think the elders had a problem with my abundance of spunk. It was when my spunk was revealed that I got into trouble with the JC. Every day I give God thanks for those two girls that helped me find my spunk. They were invaluable in helping me express my spunky nature. Just call me Spunky Brewster, for indeed I have brewed much spunk...

As for being gay, (to drag this thread back around to its topic!) Josh, if you're looking for someone like NG to accept you, stop! You're just wasting your time, "throwing good money after bad" as they say. Commend these people to God's care and instruction, and in time they will be taught by the hand of God to love - or they will be broken.

CZAR (Spunkmaster 6000 class)

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Josh, you brave guy.............very sincere and raw, thanks for sharing so much.

You make me proud to be an Aussie.

Stay happy and safe.

Cheers, Bliss

• Swan
    Swan

Josh!

Oh Honey! The pain that you went through!

I am so glad that I found this thread. (I was away on vacation for 2 weeks, so I'm late in posting a reply.)

Thank you, thank you for posting this.

Tammy

PS: Your new avatar is great! Very chic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit