Minimus

by notperfectyet 103 Replies latest members adult

• Prisca
    Prisca
    A Minimus is someone who intentionally tries to schmooze the audience and get attention for itself.

"A Minimus" ??? - please define what a "Minimus" is, in relation to the above sentence.

Can anyone name the great Minimus post that caused a dub to leave the Cult after all of those thousands and thousands of posts?

Red herring. By the way, can anyone name the great Farkel post that caused a dub to leave the Cult after all his thousands of posts?

5) Minimus is just an idiot and is totally clueless that it is just racking up posts and giving back hardly anything.

Couldn't help yourself, could you? You really love that word "idiot".

BTW, could someone explain to me why "idiot" isn't perceived as a personal attack?

The ONE thing that DOES stand out is that Minimus has contributed NOTHING to this board that will make a single bit of difference in the lives of dubs (that I can recall).

I think this is the crux of Farkel's problem with Minimus. Farkel thinks that we have to be all on a crusade to help people leave the JWs. If not, we shouldn't be posting on this board. After all, name a thread that anyone on this board has written, that caused a JW to leave the Borg. I bet only one or two names might be mentioned. Thus, those of us who are not mentioned, contribute NOTHING of worth to this board. Isn't it heart-warming to know what Farkel thinks of us non-JW-saving posters?

By the way Mini: I hear that you have been baiting and blasting me in here over the last week. Is this true?

I thought you read Minimus' threads? You'd have to, to make the claims you've been asserting. Umm, you do read them, don't you? So if you do, then you'd know whether he's been baiting you or not.

I've got a lot of music to give yet.

Another red herring. Or is it yet another plug for your music, which you love to be admired and adored for?

What have you got to give yet?

He's given plenty. If you read his posts you'd know that.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Big Tex....

As for Minimus, I like the man!

And BTW, sometimes asking questions and letting people speak, in stead of speaking to them or down to them, does a lot of good. Psychiatrist ask questions all the time and help many by doing so.

• shamus
    shamus

Yet another personal attack on someone. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's not why these forums exist. Imagine what a lurker is thinking right now.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    And BTW, sometimes asking questions and letting people speak, in stead of speaking to them or down to them, does a lot of good. Psychiatrist ask questions all the time and help many by doing so.

Amen Sister!

Those types of threads are alot more refreshing than the re-hashing of doctrines. Although, there is a place for both. I think most ppl prefer the minimus type threads.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I miss you mini! Where'd you go? *sobs* ~Aztec

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I disagree with you, Farkel, regarding the "value", or lack thereof, in Minimus' posts. Perhaps you can read further, or otherwise prepare whatever witty and insulting reprisal you wish and just skim over this. Feed your ego, then.

Minimus' posts might appear shallow on the surface. Certainly, I and others have had a bit of fun spoofing these posts. But what he has done, weather knowingly or not, is to provide some questions that give people a since of memory and connection. It's helpful to be able to look at the past objectively, rather then dismiss it outright. Asking if everyone took a break during Saturday service may not be cerebrally challenging, but it is fun to a degree, and helps give one that feeling of continuity. We're XJW's, but we have a past, and that should not be forgotten. I like his posts, and I think the amount of responses he has generated shows that most others do also. Now if someone feels they've given out too much information, that is not the fault of the one who asked the question. He didn't go around pointing a gun at people's heads. Unlike you, he has not attempted to be insulting, arrogant, and rude to corral people's opinions and behaivior. I have a nagging suspicion that the answers might be useful to him in a personal way. I feel a bit bad saying that, because if that is so, it might have been something he needed to keep private for his own personal growth.

As for why he has given out little information about himself, I cannot say. Probably because he is in the process of leaving. Not everyone has the benefit of having left the Witnesses three decades ago. I certainly don't believe he is some kind of Watchtower spy. If he is, and if that's the best they've got, then pity them.

So anyway there you go.

• kelpie
    kelpie
    The ONE thing that DOES stand out is that Minimus has contributed NOTHING to this board that will make a single bit of difference in the lives of dubs (that I can recall).

On plenty of occasions, minimus's posts has had me thinking. It some ways they have helped me put things in prospective.

Maybe Minimus "agenda" as you call it, is to help people, not leave the j dubs, but help them think. It stands out to you.. and you only. (well maybe NPY)

Why do people have to turn something bad into good. Who gives a rat's arse if minimus gives out personal details or not.. that is HIS decision.. not YOURS... If you are going to be so trival over this..I think you need to find another hobby

kelps

• Dansk
    Dansk

Does anyone on this forum actually KNOW minimus personally? Has anyone here ever met him?

I should think that, generally, we have met others who post here. For example, I'm known here by some who happened to be in my congregation when I was a Dub (they're out as well now). I've also met other posters, inluding Simon, Angharad and SearchfortheTruth - and will meet still others tomorrow at the Fest This doesn't mean, of course, that there aren't individuals who come here who know absolutely no-one - but I should think it is a small minority (?).

Personally, I don't like minimus' questions because I feel the answers to many of them could be used by Watchtower - and I am not alone in thinking this (but that is for those others to say why and not for me to say who). However, as has been mentioned, if we don't like the questions, we don't post on his thread.

It is also worth remembering that we cannot judge a person just by a posting(s) or an e-mail(s). So often a completely wrong opinion of that person is deduced. That is why, if possible, it would help if someone actually knew the poster - though that should obviously not be a criterion for being able to post here.

Just remember this, because you feel you can trust a person or you think he is a nice guy doesn't mean they are genuinely trustworthy or such a nice person. After all, such thinking landed many of us in the Borg!

Oh, and by the way, if you think JWs who post here aren't potentially dangerous you are very wrong! I know of one person (an elder) who didn't actually post to this list but whose wife was tipped off he'd been on another. She reported him to the BOE and he's since been disfellowshipped. Nice spouse!

Dansk

• JH
    JH
    generally, we have met others who post here

Hi Dansk,

No one here met me in person...No one here ever talked to me. So I guess, I'm also in the minority. That doesn't mean that I'm not to be trusted.

I would like to meet people, but I live far from just about everyone.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, Dansk, there are 2 posters that know me quite well here. One of them is named HoChiMin. The other has not posted on the board for quite some time now. There's another lurker who reads this board regularly that knows me also. As you suggested, this should not be the criteria to see whether a person is genuine or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit