born again Christians

by ymrah 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I think a LOT is lost on a forum discussion. Although it has a benefit of taking your time with the writing...writing limits a lot. I think personal discussions are so much healthier and clearer. There is less chance of offense or flames when there is a personal conversation.

BTW - where is the fest this month?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    BTW - where is the fest this month?

Manchester, England - MY CITY!!

Dansk

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Dansk,

Check your PM.

Andi

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry guys. In my attempt to not offend a wider audience, I've caused offense. That really was not my intention, and it really wasn't anything personal.

Oo, er, missus!!! Gonna get jumped on for a messy JWD/Trinitarian-style menage au trois!!!
    Suddenly I'm in fear for my...

...my...

... well, I don't know what I'm in fear for, but I am!!!

Sirona:
    I addressed the thread dually because some of the subject matter would have been duplicated. It wasn't all addressed to either you or Dansk.
    The fact that this thread has spun out over ten pages is testimony to the fact that it's drifted into a wider context.
    Sorry if I offended you, with that response style - my bad

Pagans? Mmmmm - Luv 'em...
    ...but I couldn't eat a whole one!!!

Dansk:
    Darn - there ya go putting ideas in Sirona's head again!!!

Btw, I think I already posted that I didn't have all the answers. I openly acknowledge that, on a frequent basis, and will continue to do so.
    I do have some opinions, but some of them aren't reasoned enough to be fit for debate, far less held as any form of dogma.

• Valis
    Valis

Ah you naughty born again Christians...having a flame war and not inviting me? That's just downright Satanic! *LOL*...You guys rock on and give each other sheol for me..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey LT, who's offended? I thought it all went well!

Besides, I've only come back here so that I can notch up 600 postings

See you at the Fest!

Dansk

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

An interesting aside to all of this, is the subject of humility.

When LT and BG tell me that they don't have all the answers, and not everything makes sense to them, and they have NO intention of getting dogmatic; that is beautiful humility. Especially so, in the face of the dogma you guys encounter at church.

But when born againers express feeling of worthlessness (and how Jesus subsequently makes them feel saved, though not worthy), well, I ache for them, but I also realise that those feeling are not expressions of humility, aren't logical, and aren't healthy. I only hope that they can one day be free of those feelings. I can't help but think that if there is a god, he/she/it wouldn't want good people going around feeling almost inconsolably bad about themselves. Especially so, when you realise where those feelings come from. *cough* Andi * cough*pappa* cough* *cough* mouthy* cough* abuse*cough*.

Six~ excuse me class

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"Gonna get jumped on for a messy JWD/Trinitarian-style menage au trois!!!

Omg, what is this board turning into?????

now, where is this "fest" going to be?

<grin>

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    When LT and BG tell me that they don't have all the answers, and not everything makes sense to them, and they have NO intention of getting dogmatic; that is beautiful humility. Especially so, in the face of the dogma you guys encounter at church.

Well, I guess that's one thing positive you can get from your JW experience. When you think of the foolishness you were previously dogmatic about (1914, F&D slave, blood) it tends to give one pause to do it again with your new beliefs, opinion or outlook that you currently have. I wonder where some of us will be with our beliefs in five years, 10 years from now?

I would agree the LT's or BG's nature in sharing their faith is not the typical of what you will find in the Christian church. If more christians had their attitude, the churches would be a more pleasant place to be.

I like what The Myth of Certainty had to say about it: "It is simultaneously the blessing and the curse of the reflective Christian that believers are called to live out their faith in the church. No institution has accomplished so much for good in the world: none has fallen so short of its calling. The church is God-ordained, God-inspired, but accomplishes its work through human beings subject to every possible failing." (pg.29)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    The church is God-ordained, God-inspired,

I'm certain that that is a myth, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit