First thoughts on "new" meeting...

by konceptual99 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fr0808
    fr0808
    Whole lot of nothing from the cong on facebook. after a convention or when the new bible was released, you couldn't escape it on fb. So far, no comments at all.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

This gets worse. Below are the instructions for part of the meeting. The school is still there just focused on parroting presentations.

Still talks for brothers and sisters. From the instructions (S-38):
    Bible Reading: 4 minutes or less. This part will be assigned to a brother. The student should read the assigned material without giving an introduction or a conclusion. The meeting chairman will be especially interested in helping students to read with accuracy, understanding, fluency, proper sense stress, modulation, appropriate pausing, and naturalness.
    4. Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry: During the first week of every month, the Prepare This Month’s Presentations part will be presented in place of the three student assignments. At times, the Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook may provide specific settings and instructions for the student presentations, such as telephone witnessing or public witnessing.
     Prepare This Month’s Presentations: 15 minutes. Videos of model presentations will be shown and discussed to prepare the congregation to offer the magazines or the featured publication. This part will be assigned to an elder or a qualified ministerial servant.
     Initial Call: 2 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. When assigned to a brother, the assistant should be a member of his family or a brother in the congregation. The student should choose a greeting appropriate for the area.
     Return Visit: 4 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. When assigned to a brother, the assistant should be a member of his family or a brother in the congregation. The student and assistant may be seated at a table or be standing.
     Bible Study: 6 minutes or less. This student presentation may be assigned to a brother or a sister. When assigned to a brother, the assistant should be a member of his family or a brother in the congregation. The student and assistant may be seated or standing. From time to time, elders may receive this assignment.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

it seems that the only real change may be that there is no more counsel slips (right?) and the every part is a presentation/bible study (like the sister's parts used to be). I also notice that the last presentation can be assigned to an elder from time to time.

For those that didn't join the school I wonder if now there is no joining so that everyone in the KH is fair game to get a request to do a presentation. That could up the nerves of a few people I know that weren't on the school.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The counsel slip is still there. The BE book is still used. People will get assignments. It's the same as the TMS. It's not gone away, it's just been down to Pimp my Ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit