First thoughts on "new" meeting...

by konceptual99 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Wtbts becomes more like north Korea by the day
  • freemindfade
  • crunchy
    crunchy
    Can we find the actual video shown at the meeting anywhere?
  • steve2
    steve2

Will this turn around the drop-off in mid-week meeting attendance?

Will dazzling the rank and file with the 'same old, same old' work?

The dropping of the long-cherished JW buzz-word "Theocratic" from the meeting name is super-telling.

Replacing it with the bland "Christian Life and Ministry" provides an appearance of ordinariness.

This mainstreaming of language befits a religious organization that has to bed down for the longer haul - something many, many end-times religions have had to do.

• Scully
    Scully

You'd think they could give the guy a properly fitting suit. How distracting...

He actually looks like he's trying to hide a bulging colostomy bag... which is an appropriate metaphor for this "new" Meeting™ format.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The AGM should be on YouTube, under "Cults." I haven't seen that many zombies since the last season of Walking Dead.

If paradise is anything like that meeting, I will glady die at the Big A.

DD

• MaxTan
    MaxTan

The guy who introduces this vid, he looks more like one of the people who are really in charge of this corporation. Not the usual soppy GB member, this guy looks like a hit man.

Yeah, I thought he looked a little like Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) from Fargo.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Same "puppet" show, few new characters, 'shadow' characters, some new backgrounds. Didn't see any discussions of a "G" for this or a "W" for that, or "I" for anything else.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's a case of S.O.S... The WTBTS is as "progressive" as shuffling the same deck of cards for 100 years and expecting a new deck to appear.

DD

• paladin1
    paladin1

Sat through it and found the meeting boring. The book of Matthew was pointed out many times for reasons. I did get the feeling the WT$ is pushing again for more preaching activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit