crazyhorse
    They're all zombies
  • Splash
    Splash
    CLAM - Christian Life And Ministry
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Where are the late arrivals?

Why aren't there any elders causing a commotion by whispering in someone's ear and walking around pretending they have something to say that can't wait till the meeting ends?

Where are the members who need to walk to the water fountain or go to the bathroom for the 10th time?

Why isn't there anyone so tired from a hard days work that they are nodding off?

• possum
    possum

or children being disiplined in the carpark! Or brothers with bad backs/migraines/pushing babies in strollers....any excuse to be out of the mind numbing/soul destroying dribble..... strolling around outside passing the time. Why not!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Watching this video is one of the reasons why I quit attending the meetings. There is no reasoning or thinking abilities at this meeting. Everything is boring,structured,and your brain is left at the door. All you become is a Parrot who mimics back what you hear. The boredom became unbearable. I hated myself for sitting there week after week and hearing the same thing over and over until my brain hurt.
  • wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    Those videos of the presentations are made so they can be translated in many languages. Everyone, no matter how poor, needs to get up with the digital revolution of the Society or be left behind.
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Why does brother John Allan remind me of baseball player for the Cincinnati Reds Joe Morgan?
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    crazyhorse: They're all zombies.

Aren't they though? JW's are so afraid to be human, so afraid to err or even put on heirs that they might not be perfect, that they make videos like this where people are devoid of natural interactions. Much like when I was a kid pointing out that kids don't respond to books like the YPA book because nobody talks like that, I can again point to videos like this as evidence that these aren't real people. They are robots. Watch their faces as they feign emotion that they know they "should" show over someone weeping in the Bible accounts, the pat on the arm the sister receives for her sudden comment about her husband's death, and the forced expression of support for her from the brother leading the study. I've always found it creepy.

RULES & REGULATIONS:

Where are the late arrivals?
    Why aren't there any elders causing a commotion by whispering in someone's ear and walking around pretending they have something to say that can't wait till the meeting ends?
    Where are the members who need to walk to the water fountain or go to the bathroom for the 10th time?
    Why isn't there anyone so tired from a hard days work that they are nodding off?

Well brothers and sisters, aren't we happy that we have the real life apart from the distractions of this world? Doesn't it warm our hearts that we can praise Jehovah with such a perfect meeting? Stumbling over words when commenting shows that we don't really love Jehovah with the declarations of our lips now, does it? And shouldn't we strive in our heartfelt expressions from our seats to reflect the intensity of the emotions and lives of those that we read about through the pages of God's Word? Would we want to miss even one second of this rich spiritual blessing by not being in our seats and attentive, for this means our very life? The refreshing atmosphere of our Christian congregation is enhanced by our loving consideration of one another by remaining in our seats until the spiritual feast is over. Blah....blah....blah....

I can still write the ridiculous overcompensating drivel that they would speak from the platform as words of "encouragement" (or shame) to those that are falling short of their ridiculous expectations.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

RULES & REGULATIONS: ……There is no reasoning or thinking abilities at this meeting. Everything is boring, structured, and your brain is left at the door.

• username
    username
    Have you noticed how much the literature is regressing down to baby talk? I had a look at the new "What Can The Bible Reach Us" It's like reading to a baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit