First thoughts on "new" meeting...

by konceptual99 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos
    with the word "school" I wonder The word school at least implied you would be learning something , like public speaking skills, now it is a meeting how to proffer a tablet I guess? instead of a witnessing card, phonograph?
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Where are the late arrivals?
    Why isn't there anyone so tired from a hard days work that they are nodding off?

Because the Video was made around 11:00 AM until 12:45 PM

You can see the time on the ipads

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree
    I don't know why but it bothers me seeing everyone with the tablets. I remember as a kid having to carry around a huge briefcase with a ton of books & brochures. They make it so easy for the new generation of JWs.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    My wife discovered the video yesterday and the new meeting workbook. No one, including me, told her about it. She doesn't like change. After watching the sample meeting video, here take was: same stuff, different packaging. So, there you go: a full-in JW thinks nothing really has changed. Moved the CBS from the start of the meeting to the end, expanded the Bible Highlights and has demos instead of school parts. Same stuff in a different package.
  • steve2
    steve2
    The video got one thing correct: Most attendees at the mid-week meeting are middle age and older. The absence of younger ones is accurate..
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    The video got another thing correct...same o'le bitch pig with a new and thicker layer of lipstick!:):):)
  • startingover
    startingover
    If they ever produce a video requiring a cave man, the guy introducing the video would be a good fit.
  • crunchy
    crunchy
    Did anyone go to the meeting? Did they play the entire hour long video?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nope. They shortened the WT by 15 mins and read the letter. There was a short video explaining the new study bible and it included the introduction to Matthew.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

LQ: After watching the sample meeting video, here take was: same stuff, different packaging.

Yep. It's all window dressing. Nothing substantive.

The people running this thing are clearly uninspired and out of ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit