Ouija Boards

by StinkyPantz 70 Replies latest jw friends

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

If you associate pain in that belief then yes, you find a reason not to believe.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Be very careful,

Demons love to possess innanimate objects such as ouija boards, old apostate furniture, smurf dolls, newspapers with horoscopes in them, or old clothes that belonged to a witch. Demons find comfort in owning the real estate, and do not like to have anyone touch their belongings where they inhabit.

Since we know that Jehovah allows them to do this, they can even kill you. Don't worry. Jehovah is just and loving. You will be resurrected after Armageddon unless you happen to find the aforesaid posessed objects and touch them. The demons will kill you again, and this time you will not be resurrected.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

If you associate pain in that belief then yes, you find a reason not to believe.

Do you believe in the existence of Horus? If not, why? Do you associate pain in that belief? Is that a valid reason not to believe in Horus?

Expatbrit

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

If your brought up extremely religious, and then your kicked out of the church only to be told that there's no hope for you and yet you still hold to a belief ---then your faith in the only God you know can be quite painful. Yet do you lash out at God, or the corrupt org? Most people will disgard their faith in God! When they should be dumping the institution.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I don't believe in magic. I accept that there are things that might exist that I cannot explain or understand (yet) but not the whole harry potter thing.

Demons? Only the homosapian kind.

But "nun" of that explains why the little thing moved when I am not pushing it. My subcon maybe? Don't know. If it just slides off the board does that mean that....I got it hell is afraid I'll take over...

• rem
    rem

nakedmvistar,

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about non-believers. I can say that your scenario is not accurate in my case, nor is it accurate in the case of any other non-believer I know. Many people are brought up in atheist religions and philosophies such as Buddhism. Your theory has been shown to be full of holes.

I would like to hear you answer expatbrit's question. Exactly what pain do you associate with belief in <insert deity besides Jehovah>?

When you understand why you don't associate pain with belief in those deities, you will understand that pain has nothing to do with non-belief in your chosen deity.

rem

Edited by - rem on 11 December 2002 23:6:27

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I was brought up as a JW. However, I faded away, with remarkably little unpleasantness. I faded away because I had researched the teachings that I had been brought up with, and found them to be erroneous, illogical, and contrary to science and history.

In order to begin that process however, I finally had to say to myself: "I must begin with the attitude that the Watchtower may or may not be the true religion." I had to begin with a lack of belief either way in order to be able to conduct an objective examination. Once the claims of the WT failed to agree with the evidence and with rationality, the conclusion became obvious.

Then I said, "why stop with the Watchtower? What of my most basic religious beliefs, such as a belief in God? How do I know that God exists?"

And again, in order to make an objective examination, I had to begin with a lack of belief either way: God may or may not exist.

After doing a lot of reading and considering the arguments of those who promote the existence of God, I reached the conclusion that there is no evidence to support the existence of such a being. Arguments for God's existence invariably fail the test of rationality or lack any solid evidential backing. In addition, there are explanations for the existence of the universe etc. which do not require the invention of unverifiable supernatural entities.

Thus, I am now an atheist, a person who has a lack of belief in the existence of God. Should objective, testable evidence emerge that supports the existence of God, my view may change, depending upon how convincing that evidence is.

This is not "lashing out at God". I do not hate God, for he does not exist. To assume that a person who does not agree with your religious beliefs must have an emotional/mental aberration is delusory and of the same form of reasoning that the JW's use: "you reject the Truth because you are a bitter person". The difference between us is merely that I require evidence to believe in the existence of God, and you do not.

Expatbrit

• hippikon
    hippikon

Nakedmvistar

Star Trek isnt real either. Its just a story It didnt really happen.

Remember I used to believe al that hocus pocus shit too I started to believe it because it sounded so good that I wanted it to be true. As you say faith filled the gaps. When I realised it wasnt working the way it was supposed to I woke up and did a bit of soul searching. I compared reality (the cold hard physical world) to what I believed and it didnt fit together. The actual world was quite different from the make believe one.

• Mackin
    Mackin
    Star Trek isnt real either. Its just a story It didnt really happen.

Nooooo, Noooooo, it can't be true, noooo, the enterprise IS really out there. Please say you're joking, puleeesee...

Mackin.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hey! What about reading the horoscope? will that invite demons into my home too? OMG I just read my Horrorscope just a few minutes ago. Please tell me the DEMONs aren't going to enter me in my sleep and possess my body. Somebody........Anybody.

TimB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit