Ouija Boards

by StinkyPantz 70 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

I just don't beleive it - I baffles me why people choose to ignore reason in favor of hocus pocus - I give up

Why would people choose stupidity when a rational answer is just a click away - Looks like the Watchtower will always have a plentifull supply of fools

Edited by - hippikon on 11 December 2002 16:39:15

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Yeeeaaaahhh, go ahead, open up those portals......Why not! What have you got to lose now! Then try some Voodoo and Juju while your at it. What have you got to lose right?? Caus' there's no such thing as God or nothin right??? Go ahead, play with that board....It's all in "good fun" right? Caus' if there ain't a god then there's certainly no devil either.....Go ahead Plm, play all you want Say hello to all those "nice" Elementals that will soon park themselves on your shoulders just waiting to feed off of all those wonderful negative emotions you'll soon develop after the fact! They especially like EX-JW'S who tend to harbor much anger and resentment. Cheers!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hippikon:

I just don't beleive it
    so are you saying everyone is lying about their experiences?
  • rem
    rem

I hear ya, hippikon. I guess the truth is boring and unsatisfying to many. They want to believe there is something more out there. Believing in a simplistic spirit world of good and evil is easier for many to comprehend and provides a pat answer (like the WT) for why things are they way they are in the world. Also, many people simply do not want to believe that this life is all there is (or at least all we have evidence for).

I can't figure it out. Perhaps I should consult a ouija board or a magic 8 ball for the answer?

rem

• rem
    rem

DoubleEdge,

The experiences are quite likely real... at least to the person telling them. But the more you know about psychology and how memory works and how easy it is to be fooled and to fool yourself, supernatural explanations for such experiences become unnecessary and quite unlikely. It's the interpretations of the experiences that is important. Occham's razor is a powerful tool!

rem

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

So this life is all there is???? Simplistic spirit world??? ....I guess it's easier to believe that this material life is all there is. This is especially true if you are removed or leave an ORG. that tells you the exact opposite. Easier on the conscience too I would presume!

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Also, diff. personality styles gravitate towards abstract thinking patterns compared to the more traditional concrete thinking. This all has an effect on how you perceive reality and your place in it. Thus, a concrete thinker approach the spirit world with scepticism since it can't be measured and explained logically. But an abstract thinker does not need logic to believe in something that is absent from view. thus, the absence of "PROOF" of a spiritual world does not necessarily negate it's existence. But it's all just theory in the eyes of a rationalist. Fortunately, Faith has a way of filling in the gaps for a small sector of the population. "Not everything can be measured with a six inch ruler" At least not with me

• rem
    rem

nakedmvistar,

Exactly. Faith is necessary to believe in things that lack evidence. Unfortunately, faith cannot differentiate between true and false beliefs. If it could, then there would not be so many different religions and wacky beliefs. That is why I stick to evidence.

rem

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Then maybe faith could be just part of a bigger "equation" The fact that we have the ability to override logic , and think beyond our present reality may give credence to the Idea of a "spirit" or unseen world. I mean, at the very least, you can agree that we are but a tiny speck of dust in the grandness of the universe. If that's the case then how can you have a monopoly on truth? Just because you cannot conceive of or have evidence for an alternate reality does not invalidate its existence. How can you PROVE that there is NOT a god? Or is it because there is no evidence OF a god. Again. how can you measure a spirit? It's like trying to prove the existence of emotion to a sociopath.....He may understand the definiton but he will never understand it until he EXPERIENCES emotions for himself. Until then it's just a theory to him. again, faith, god spirits cannot be explained or proven with just logic or evidence....something extra is needed, something within us that cannot be measured with logic.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I don't agree with the WTS on DF and shunning and and number of "date" stuff, abut this is one area were i believe they are correct. I believe the spirit world exists and if u provoke it enough, it will make contact with u. For many people it is the angels or spirit guides, but i had from my own experiences found that not to be so.Anything that has made contact with me-even if it seemed ok to start with, has always been evil. At one time I sought out psychics and such. I have stopped doing this . I have learned my lesson about this stuff, i stay away from it. I believe it is dangerous. this is my experience. your mileage may vary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit