Ouija Boards

by StinkyPantz 70 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well, I was talking on the phone to my best friend and we started talking about Aliens, Spirits, etc. and eventually we got around to discussing the Ouija board. Since I was raised a JW and have only been out a year, the Ouija board was of course forbidden and even a little scary. But now it seems like it would be a fun experiment. I'd like to know your thoughts and experiences and maybe it'd help me come to a decision of whether or not I want to play this 'game'.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

i am TOTALLY ouija curious!!! SP....if you do it...let me know. I haven't yet broken down and gotten myself one. i figure if you REALLY wanna dabble...get a USED ONE off ebay!!!! I figure i'll eventually try it. just haven't quite gotten the gumption to do it, ya know? Mentioned it once before on this board and got a few people to tell me OH NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. DON'T DABBLE WITH OUIJA but they never really got down to telling me WHY! So i'll be keeping my eye on this thread!

Native

(of the "ouija curious" class)

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think opinions will be mixed. I Ouija'd a little years ago when I was a teenage. That blasted thing moved around like crazy...interesting, but I became 'spooked', so I quit. I've heard some weird first hand tales....I would have my reservations now, just in case there is something to it.... I don't know what good can come of it. However, if you want to try it..do it in a well lit room (hehe).

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I've heard that if you use one, you must be very careful, or you could open yourself up to bad spirits. You must have good intentions when you use the Ouija Board. A prayer for protection and wisdom is very important before you use it as well. I have known people who have used such boards and say they are fascinated by them...a lot of what the board tells them about themselves is true! They have contacted spirit guides or deceased loved ones. I would still be very cautious before using one.

• donkey
    donkey

I've heard that if you use one, you must be very careful, or you could open yourself up to bad spirits. You must have good intentions when you use the Ouija Board. A prayer for protection and wisdom is very important before you use it as well. I have known people who have used such boards and say they are fascinated by them...a lot of what the board tells them about themselves is true! They have contacted spirit guides or deceased loved ones. I would still be very cautious before using one.

Why is it so easy to find bad spirits yet the good ones never ever make themselves visible?

Anyone wanna buy some powdered water from me? It's real cheap....take it home, open the bag add 2 glasses of water and stir well. Serves 2 people.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Let us know what happens - I doubt anything will - I think you have to be either a beliver or scared of it for that part of your brain to seduce you.

http://www.skepdic.com/ouija.html

http://www.skepdic.com/ideomotor.html

http://www.skepdic.com/hypnosis.html

http://www.skepdic.com/unconscious.html

Sorry to spoil your fun

Edited by - hippikon on 11 December 2002 1:31:18

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As a young kid, I played them a few times at friends houses. I wasn't spooked or anything and thought it mostly was power of suggestion. But, I wasn't raised a JW either. Personally, I never bought into the whole demonistic attitude attached to them. After all, do demons really possess a mass produced toy? If you approach it with an attitude of fear, it will probably spook you. If you can't approach it without ridding yourself of the fear first, I would suggest leaving it alone. Better that than starting to believe the JWs are right about it. Otherwise, have fun with it and don't take it serious. Just like the Majic Eight Ball for telling your fortune, they are mass produced toys, plain and simple. After the Child's Play movies, I'm a bit surprised they haven't cautioned against buying dolls as they might be possessed too.

I too have heard "first hand" reports from people over the years about them. The last, also told me how she talked to the Blessed Virgin Mary everyday. Not in prayer, but actually saw her to talk to her. This same woman also told me that she remembered many past lives and that her and I always got together in each one, all thoughout history. But, her Ouija board got mad at her because she let it fall off her bike as a small girl and bent the nail. Her "demon" actually spoke to her. But, then again, so did every ghost she ever saw. I fooled her, though, we didn't get togetehr in this life. So much for her past lives memories.

Play with it and have fun, that is why they produce it.

Lew W

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

When I touch a Ouija the little slippery disk just slides off the board. When I was around my friends using them the disk did not do much just hardly moved; and they had me leave the room.

I had one on a shelf for years as a teenager because my friends parents would have had a stroke if they found one in their perfect angels rooms. When my wife and I were dating she tripped that I had one. I told her that they don't work for me but we can try if she wants. She called no joy. Don't know where it went. Don't really care either.

There that is all I know.

• Stacey
    Stacey

I left Jdub-dum 13 years ago, grew up in it. I was of course always terrified of them. Never saw one in person even until just last year. My roommate owned one and had it in our apartment. It sort of bothered me that she had it, but I didnt really pay much attention and just ignored it. One day she had it out on our livingroom coffee table. I was alone at home..

My curiosity got the best of me. I was just thinking, this is a load of crap. So... i put my fingers on it, and I said outloud... "I dont believe in you". Can I tell you that this is one of the strangest experiences I've ever had in my life... it actually SHOCKED my fingers... not a bolt of shock, but like a buzzing electricity of some sort.... and it moved my fingers to the words on the board "crazy". I was totally taken back, and my fingers felt weird... so I did it again... it moved my fingers AGAIN, to the words "crazy". OH MY GOD, I was FREAKED!!!! The rest of the day my fingers hurt me! Not horrifying pain, just this achey feeling. I put that thing behind some books on our bookshelf and never wanted to see it again.

Very strange things, they are. I have a healthy respect for them at this point. But I think I'll stay away from now on.....

:)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow Stacey, I think I would have kept playing the board to see what happened. I guess my curiosty would have gotten the better of me. I would have asked some questions. I am curious now. I think maybe I need to go see Native in Texas and have a try at this........... very interesting. If people don't believe in the power of these things, or it is just a game, why do so many people have experiences like this? I never thought there was anything to them really,,,,,but as a JW the very presense of one in your home could evoke demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit