JUDICIAL COMMITTEE -- ANDERSON

by silentlambs 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

In reply to Farkel:

While this issue is going on, many other things in our lives are happening too. I know this is big news for Mrs Anderson and those personally involved in this issue, but that doesn't mean that we all have to drop what we are doing and race to fight the WTS just because YOU think we should.

What you might think is fluff is not necessarily so in someone else's life. It all depends upon perspective. It also depends upon our status in the Borg. Not all of us have the freedom to stand up and be vocal about this issue. And there are some that just don't have the emotional or physical energy to get involved.

I wish Barbara, the Pendelos, and Bill Bowen all the best of British luck in their fight against the WTS. I personally doubt this will mark the downfall of the WTS, it will take much more than this to bring it to its knees.

I also feel that Barbara will need much more support in the days after Dateline, than before. But that's just my opinion.

• LB
    LB

bttt

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Barb, I'm still available financially, just contact me. Hopefully, I'll see you Friday. not that I'm rich or anything but I have a dollar or two available. I think we'd all pitch in to help here.

Did you actually GO to the Judicial Committee hearing on Sunday the 19th?

Michael

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Nathan Natas astutely provided us with the following:
    (red and notes mine)

Apostasy.

Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defec-
    tion, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false
    doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its
    holidays or interfaith activities.
    (Deut. 13:13, 15; Josh.
    22:22, ftn.; Acts 21:21, ftn.; 2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17, 18;
    2. John 7, 9, 10; Rev. 18:4)

Those with sincere doubts (note: how conveniently open to "interpretation" is this?)should be helped, dealt with
    mercifully. (Repeat note!)
    (Jude 22, 23; w82 9/1 pp. 20-1;w80 8/1
    pp. 21-2)

Apostasy includes action taken against true worship of
    Jehovah or his established order (OMG, like their scriptural references below have any application or validity in establishing what "established order" actually IS..) among his dedicated people. (Jer. 17:13; 23:15; 28:15, 16; 2 Thess. 2:9, 10)

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and
    speak about) teachings contrary to

Bible truth as taught
    by Jehovah's Witnesses

are apostates. There it is, their legal disclaimer: a circular logic/nonsense liscense and legal instrument to irrationally self-govern and be exempt from any "civil" (sarcasm intended) laws - laws which were established to protect individuals from harm resulting from irrational despotism

If it is learned that a person has taken up association with
    another religious organization, the matter should be inves-
    tigated, and if verified, a committee should be formed.

If it is clearly established that the person has joined
    another religion and intends to remain with it, the
    elders would make a brief announcement to the congre-
    gation that such- one has disassociated himself. (w86
    10/15 p. 31 )

Working secularly for a false religious organization could
    put one in a position similar to that of one preaching false
    doctrine. (2 Cor. 6:14-16)

Celebrating a false religious holiday would be similar to
    performing any other act of false worship. (Jer. 7:16-19)

After reading these "principles and guidelines," it appears sadly obvious to me that disfellowshiping policies regarding "apostasy" were designed to be intentionally vague; obfuscation is a weapon they wield with impunity and there is no escape for anyone who gets ensnared in some legal heavy's agenda.

I'm having a little difficulty with their legal right to be freaks of nature as defined by the constitutional laws concerning "Freedom of Religious Expression" right about now. They harbor criminals, perpetrate crime, murder people (their own "definition" of expulsion is tantamount to murder; see Insight book, pg 787 under headings Jehovah's Action; Under the Mosaic Law; The Sanhedrin and synagogues).

I'm having much difficulty knowing that six million people staunchly adhere to the belief that they worship God in "spirit and in truth" as members of the WTBTS...................

This fiasco gets more stunningly absurd by the day.

• SYN
    SYN

Kick their sorry ASSES, Barbara!!!!! Show them what you're made of! We're behind you every step of the way, damnit!

Hehe, someone here should be sure to mail this entire thread to all those Elders, especially Farkel's post. Nice one, brutha! My, but there's a lot of air flying around! Getting kinda windy!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Masterji
    Masterji

Farkel,

Thanks for keeping things in focus.

You mentioned: " I wrote a huge essay several years ago on this matter, you assoles, and I compared the Flock Book and the US Constitution, and I'll tell you what: in a dub JC you have NO rights. A dub JC is more like a Grand Jury investigation, but the only difference is in a dub JC the sentence is passed. In the Grand Jury investigation, the defendent has the further right to a real trial."

Would you be willing to post that composition again?

Thanks.

M

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Salud you said:

There is no justice in JW judicial committee hearing. It is ilegal and a violation of your civil rights. Is that why attorneys are not allowed?
    The Watchtowers response was:

Be assured that a judicial committee hearing is a spiritual arrangement for the benefit of the individual. It is not at all like an adversarial secular court proceeding that you are familiar with. The purpose of this spiritual meeting is in harmony with the
    Apostle Paul’s words to “try to readjust [a person who takes a false step] in a spirit of mildness.” (Galatians 6:1) The elders have the spiritual welfare of Mrs. Anderson in mind, and they will make every effort to help her if she has sincere doubts. For these reasons, attorneys or spokespersons have never been a part of this spiritual arrangement. Mr. Anderson has been invited to attend the meeting with his wife.
    What the Witchtower is saying to the lawyer, You have no F***ing business interfering with our Kangaroo court proceedings. They are also saying as long as Mrs. Anderson kisses enough ass, she will not be DF'd.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Farkel
    Farkel

Masterji,

: Would you be willing to post that composition again?

I lost it in a hard-drive crash, but I can find in from the old H20 archives. It will take many hours, though. Someone else has also asked for it, so when I have time, I will try to dig it out.

AlanF: I sent you a copy of it for review several years ago. Do you still have it?

Farkel

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

BARBARA, YOU GO GIRL!!!

As you can see from the many positive responses here, you have a lot of support. Thanks for being so courageous!!!!

• badboy
    badboy

Mrs Anderson,Y don't U sue everyone(WT WISE) ARSES off.

WT,Y don't U make it everyone day by your idiotic policies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit