JUDICIAL COMMITTEE -- ANDERSON

by silentlambs 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

What were the original “charges?” Is this in anyway double jeopardy?

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• Mazza
    Mazza

: 1. Disrupting the unity of the congregation.
    : 2. Undermining confidence in Jehovah’s arrangement.

Fornication is a SIN. Child moslesation is a CRIME. Failure to report child molestation is a CRIME. Can't Barbara argue that the Organisation is telling her to break the law?

Normally JW disfellowshippings are beyond the law. I feel the Witnesses are sailing dangerously close to the wind in disfellowshipping (defaming) members for attempting to uphold the law.

Charge 2. The elders should be made prove that WT policy in handling child molesters is Jehovah's Arrangment.

I sure hope Barbara gives them a run for their money!!!! Barbara, your trials are felt by all of us here (especially those of us who have been thru this bias, unreasonable, irrational and cruel process).

Marilyn

• waiting
    waiting

1. Disrupting the unity of the congregation.
    Did Anderson actually disrupt the unity of her local congregation - How? Did she speak from the platform against WT?

2. Undermining confidence in Jehovah’s arrangement.
    Anderson is speaking publicly against child molesters.

Therefore, Jehovah's arrangement must include acceptance of child molesters.

Where are these charges spoken of as SINS in the Bible? If not found there........then the WTBTS is no different than the Catholic Church........obeying "church laws" above God's laws.

The WTBTS condemned the Catholic church for this - and are now guilty of the same thing.

waiting

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I'm sick of the selfrighteousness ot the WT.
    Their day will come, and I hope the evil that they have done to the inocent will be come crashing down on their own heads.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • one
    one

no honourable way out this for the WT

Barbara has all the cards, she is playing by their favorite rules, legalistic all the way.

Your own medicine, how you like?

2002-05-28 the begining of the end.

Ray was not legally even half smart, but he did break the ice. It was a glacier so it took some time to melt. Fresh water is flowing now.

• Mazza
    Mazza

I feel more should be made of the fact that the church only has jurisdiction over sins. A recent BBC program on paedophiles pointed this out. A clear demarkation should be drawn between what the church says and what the law says.

• larc
    larc

First, they fail to protect the children. Now, they fail to protect the adults who attempt to protect the children.

It is all very sad.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I wonder if the guy that signed the WT up with the UN qualified for that? How was he disciplined?

For Christ's sake, they undermine confidence in themselves by their own stupidity. Such a shame they resort to these accusations. There is little you can say to defend yourself with these charges. If they raise them, that alone means they want to can your ass.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

1. Disrupting the unity of the congregation.

During the 50's in the USA, Senator McCarthy became famous for hunting for "Reds" - and ruining many persons' lives, particularily influential people. "McCarthism" reigned in terror for years.

One reason why his branding was so effective was because of inuendos, charges which really weren't illegal, blackmailing, silencing witnesses, etc.

The charges that the WTBTS is bringing against Anderson are similar in character. ANYONE doing ANYTHING could be charged with this.......as it smacks of inuendo. A charge without substance or sin.

Very dark and dangerous.

• Mazza
    Mazza

This just shows that Jehovah's Organisation is just the same as every other organisation or institution. Whistle blowers always get shafted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit