JUDICIAL COMMITTEE -- ANDERSON

by silentlambs 81 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

As in the days of Caiaphas, Truth was Crucified so that the organisation might live.
    Barry

• TMS
    TMS

Adjusting the charges to make them stick is so prosecutorial. It's obvious the WTBS-directed Judicial Committee presupposes a review of the case, both in the press and by their own lame appeal mechanism.

What if during the proceedings Sister Anderson manifests genuine heartfelt repentance? The "Dateline" program has already been taped and besides J.R. Brown says it has nothing to do with any of these cases.

Is Christopher Dardin heading up Watchtower legal these days?

TMS

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I know in the case of blood transfusion therpay and also serving in the military, Watchtower had to change in many places because they were 'subverting' the law of the land.

You have to wonder if Watchtower can be ruled an illegal organization because, by its treatment of members, it subverts the law of the land. Rutherford was successfully prosecuted for this very thing all the way back in 1917 I think it was.

When Watchtower changed and said they would only 'forcibly dissaciate' those receiving blood transfusions and those who join the military, the law of the land looked the other way. They didn't get involved.

It really is time they got involved. This is the third law (child molestation) that Watchter is publicly advocating that its members flout, and punishes them if they don't.

WATCHTOWER WANTS PERSECUTION REAL REAL BAD.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    There are this type still serving as "elders" but they would likely not get appointed to this type judicial committee.

Yes it is sad that the good elders get pushed aside and the ones that have the most say are the arrogant, pompous types.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

The members of the Judicial Comittee may be establishing liability for themselves, all other local elders and the entire congregation they represent. In the event they disfellowship Barbara Anderson the issue is outside the congregation and the relevent point becomes whether or not Barbara was telling the truth and it was the truth that was disrupting the membership. If she were to sue all of the above parties they would have to prove (1) Her statements about pedophiles were false (2) Her methods of expression were unreasonably disruptive (3) their judicial actions and subsequent "disfelowshipping" were warranted. Barbara, besides seeking to clear her good name would be seeking damages for pain and suffering which would be considerable . Her case is a matter of public record. If the Elders have any sense they will slow down this proceeding and give the situation more thought. They are extremely vulnerable and are putting the entire congregation at risk. Once they disfellowship Barbara, she is in the drivers seat and the issue will be in the civil court system. If they doubt that they can defend the pedophile issue in a court of law , then they should follow their conscience and leave her alone.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

What is Watchtower really afraid of I wonder?

That they have so many pedophiles, that expulsion of them all would leave them so short-handed that their organization will grind to a screeching halt?

BURN BABY BURN

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Just more proof that the WTS should be brought up on charges of being vindictive, brain washing, arrogant, lieing ASSHOLES

Just my 2 cents [:-)]

-Rick

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

The WTBTS is "caught between a rock and a hard place". They are hoping that there is not enough money to give teeth to the cover up charges. In the mean time they are playing "tough" and "innocent" not to mention "RIGHTOUS". LONG LIVE THE INTERNET...... "A state monopoly of information has long been considered axiomatic for totalitarian governments, just as a LOSS OF CONTROL OVER INFORMATION has been regarded as potentially fatal for them"...N.Y.Times

• Okidok
    Okidok

I think the next argument Barbara is going to hear is this: "We have to keep the Congregation clean."

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue.."
    Winston Churchill.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I think the next argument Barbara is going to hear is this: "We have to keep the Congregation clean."

The irony of that statement is that is exactly what Barbara is trying to do. A more truthful statement would be, "We have to DF you in order to continue to make sure the congregation stays filthy."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit