JUDICIAL COMMITTEE -- ANDERSON

by silentlambs 81 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Barbara Anderson
    May 19, 2002

ATTENTION: THE MANCHESTER, TN CONGREGATION, BODY OF ELDERS – JUDICIAL COMMITTEE

Re: Barbara Anderson’s second judicial hearing

On May 10, 2002, during the judicial hearing convened to discuss certain then unknown charges against me, I repeated my attorney’s request for specific charges in writing and a list of witnesses who would be speaking against me. This was not forthcoming, although the verbal charges stated by L at that time were, “Submitting an article to an apostate journal and causing division among the congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” which I categorically denied doing. Apparently, since there was no proof presented by the Manchester judicial committee of my guilt, now new charges have been raised. These charges should have been given to me in writing, as well as a list of witnesses against me, the same request made by my attorney the first time around, but instead, the charges were verbally transmitted to me on the phone May 18, 2002 by L with D listening in. These charges are:

1. Disrupting the unity of the congregation.
    2. Undermining confidence in Jehovah’s arrangement.

Let it hereby be made known that I thoroughly object to being charged and tried again in another judicial hearing. As far as I’m concerned there is nothing else to talk about because I stand by my original statements made during the first meeting. In addition, because protocol and certain requests from my attorney have again not been complied with, consequently, I’ll not be attending your second judicial hearing scheduled for 3:00 p.m., Sunday, May 19, 2002.

It all boils down to this: the action taken by the Watchtower Society through the Manchester Congregation elders to hold a second judicial meeting charging me with still other supposed infractions is really about my going public with accusations made against the Watchtower Society, that their sexual abuse policies protect pedophiles. Charging me with silly so-called “spiritual violations” as mentioned in the New York Post is just a ruse, and you all know it. If I didn’t speak to Dateline about the sex abuse cover-up within the organization, you would never have convened a judicial hearing on order of Watchtower because you all know I’ve never committed any “serious sins.” Now, probably because of going to the press last week, another judicial hearing is being convened. I suppose this is how I’m “disrupting the unity of the congregation” because Jehovah’s Witnesses in Tennessee are questioning the organization whether my accusations are true.

Your actions are not only farcical, but highly improper before God and man. I, as well as my attorney, are dumbfounded by this violation of my right to free speech in the public interest. Molesters with Bibles in hand going door to door and children unprotected from predatory people are issues that are in the public interest. It is completely out of the “freedom of religion” domain.

Amazingly, all Watchtower protocol has been abandoned, apparently to get rid of me. I doubt if I’ve ever heard before of anything like what I’m being subjected to. It’s obvious I’ve not committed any sins against God or the Bible. The truth is that I’m only trying to protect Jehovah’s Witnesses’ children and grandchildren by going public because there is no other way to force Watchtower to change their sexual abuse policies. Ask yourself, why doesn’t the Watchtower organization turn the organization upside down to protect its members, especially its children? They firmly say to the press that they protect children, but the reality speaks for itself—tens of thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ abuse victims, many of whom are now speaking out. Why aren’t the congregation members informed that due to confidentiality policies, there are molesters and even murderers within the congregations? If the truth undermines confidence in the organization, than something is wrong with the organization. Do you feel any less unified as an organization regarding Watchtower theology since I’ve gone public with my story? I doubt it. You need to look into your hearts and see that this is about children; that Watchtower leaders are more interested in protecting a corporate or religious image than they are about protecting children.

Jesus said in Matthew 18:6 that “…whoever stumbles one of these little ones [children] who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea.” The Watchtower has allowed, through its terrible sexual policies, e.g., the requirement for “two witnesses” to each accusation of molestation, to stumble thousands of children. Now it’s time for victims to tell the world what they endured while under the hard-fisted and sometimes roaming hands of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ elders. I hope each of you has a clear conscience in this matter of not supporting Watchtower’s pedophile protection policies. It is my hope that you have protected children, aided victims, and obeyed the child abuse reporting laws of the “Superior Authorities” in Tennessee. Sadly, though, we do know of cases in the Manchester Congregation where, in the past, elders have not called the authorities when molestation was reported to them and discouraged parents from doing so.

Shortly, you will see Jehovah’s Witnesses, who are victims of child molestation, stepping out from the shadows everywhere to tell their stories. It has already started here in Middle Tennessee due to newspaper stories about my judicial hearing last week. To date, seven victims have come forward because of reading the articles about me in the newspapers, five in one congregation alone. One of those seven victims is from Manchester and another from Shelbyville. I personally know of others who are still yet too afraid to speak out. It behooves you all to back up and take a broader look at this issue. Why won’t you believe what I said to you when we met in the judicial hearing last week? You didn’t walk in my shoes at headquarters in the Writing Department. You don’t know what evidence I have as a basis for my allegations, so why are you trying to make me endure two judicial hearings before you have heard the evidence on Dateline. If I’m right, you will be swept up in one of the biggest messes to have hit a religious organization in many a year. In as much as I’ve known most of the Manchester elders for years, I feel for you all in this dilemma.

In conclusion, from hence forward, you are not to contact me again. Please notify my attorney in writing as to the outcome of your investigation into my purported “sins.” If, in the future, contact has to be made with me, please do so through my attorney. Do not discuss me with my husband, Joe Anderson.

Jerre Michael Hood
    Attorney At Law

For your information, I’m enclosing an experience of a Jehovah’s Witness family who just recently observed a serial molester being protected by congregation elders. This contrary to what Watchtower spokesman, J. R. Brown, is telling the press that most cases of improper handling of molestation cases are old, that they happened before new policies were put into place. This is just not true.

I’m attaching to this letter a copy of my attorney’s letter, dated May 16, 2002, which was faxed to the Watchtower’s Legal Department, May 17, 2002. Also, please note the fax cover sheet where my attorney wrote the Watchtower a message regarding the second judicial hearing scheduled for May 19, 2002, which he strongly objected to.

Very truly yours,

Barbara Anderson

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

When Mr. Hood, Barbara’s attorney, found out Friday evening, May 17th that a second judicial meeting was being convened on Sunday, May 19, 2002, he was astonished. He then faxed his second letter to the Watchtower Society Friday, May 17, 2002 and wrote this message on the fax cover sheet:

“Please find faxed herewith my letter of May 16th. I have just now learned that your organization will try Mrs. Anderson a second time on Sunday the 19th at 3:00 PM. This type conduct on your part is just unbelievable and certainly appears maliciously motivated. If this conduct persists I will advise Mrs. Anderson to pursue legal action for her own peace of mind and to protect her rights.”

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Bravo Mrs. Anderson.

It's about time people started standing up to their farce of judicial committees and told them like it is. It is unbelievable the lengths to which they go to get rid of certain people when they lack sufficient evidence.

Very wise to:
    1)not have attended your farcical hearings
    2)to have requested the charges and names of the witnesses in writing
    3)and to have refused contact with them except through your attorney

I hope more people can turn up the heat on them in these ways, exposing these committees for the sham that they are.

Path
    (I still cringe at the word "behooves". I think only the WT uses that ridiculous word anymore.)

• LB
    LB

I sent this story to a witness friend. His response was. Why can't she wait on Jehovah to correct the wrongs. That's so sad, stupid yet sad.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Salud
    Salud

LB,
    It's funny when something is wrong with the organization that we need to wait on Jehovah, but if Barbara Anderson gets DF'd, then Jehovah is keeping the organization clean.

Why can't they wait on Jehovah in this case instead of hastily trying to get rid of Barbara. What's the rush?

Right on Barbara and don't back down from them!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KJV)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I've missed you so much. Glad to see you back. MUAH!

it involves teaching false
    doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its
    holidays or interfaith activities.
    Funny, I've never seen that included in any interpretation of apostacy in the dictionary.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • silentlambs
    silentlambs

WT legal letter to Anderson Attorney, can you feel the love?

silentlambs

WATCHTOWER
    BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC.
    LEGAL DEPARTMENT PHONE (718) 560-5000
    25 COLUMBIA HEIGHTS BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11201, USA 560-8903

LLB:LSL May 9, 2002

Jerre Michael Hood
    Attorney at Law
    124 First Avenue N.W.
    Winchester, TN 37398

Re: Barbara Anderson

Dear Mr. Hood:

Your fax letter dated May 7, 2002, reached us on May 8, 2002, regarding your client, Barbara Anderson. You ask many questions regarding the judicial committee hearing that Mrs. Anderson has been encouraged to attend.

Be assured that a judicial committee hearing is a spiritual arrangement for the benefit of the individual. It is not at all like an adversarial secular court proceeding that you are familiar with. The purpose of this spiritual meeting is in harmony with the
    Apostle Paul’s words to “try to readjust [a person who takes a false step] in a spirit of mildness.” (Galatians 6:1) The elders have the spiritual welfare of Mrs. Anderson in mind, and they will make every effort to help her if she has sincere doubts. For these reasons, attorneys or spokespersons have never been a part of this spiritual arrangement. Mr. Anderson has been invited to attend the meeting with his wife.

As for the other matters that you inquire about, please be advised that this is a matter that is handled by the local elders. You can assure Mrs. Anderson that the elders will give her every opportunity to be heard and to present witness and evidence. There is no need for her to be anxious or concerned. If it is not established by at least two or three witnesses that she has committed the serious sin charged, or if she is repentant, her association in the congregation will not be affected. (Deuteronomy 19:15) The elders have the best interests of Mrs. Anderson and the congregation in mind.

We thank you in advance for communicating this information to Mrs. Anderson.

Sincerely,

Watchtower Legal Department

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Barbara hands their d**ks back to them AGAIN....

...two or three witnesses...

...if she is repentant...

guilty untill proved innocent. A setup.

>Be assured that a judicial committee hearing is a spiritual arrangement for the benefit of the individual...<

That's a blatant and flagrant lie. It is for the cleanness of the congregation and they say so in print to the entire world...the Congrgation's clean name they say.

LOCAL ELDERS BE WARNED...

>As for the other matters that you inquire about, please be advised that this is a matter that is handled by the local elders.<

If they disfellowship, it will be THEIR ballsies on the line, Watchtower is telling THEM and THE WHOLE WORLD.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I believe there is sufficient reason for Mrs. Anderson not to trust the judicial arrangement and for her to choose to allow the elders to "help" her by written correspondence. If they truly desire to "help" her and have nothing to hide then this means should be entirely acceptable.

These meetings and how the 'verdict' is arrived at are secret for a reason and the reason is not an honorable or acceptable one. The Society needs to be pressed on why they will not concede to allow persons meeting with a judicial committee to protect themselves from possible injustice on the part of the elders operating on the committee.

The handwritten addendum in the elder's manual clearly indicates the Society is aware errors on the part of the committee do infact occur and that an appeal process exists is evidence miscarriages of justice do occur.

Keep pressing the Society on why they will not honor your requests for written information and publicize this in the press. Absolutely continue to refuse to meet with the appeal committee and continue to show what a mockery of justice this process is.

Path

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

THIS MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!!!!!! I have never been a violent person but I want to slap the crap out of those men(if you can call them that) in Brooklyn.

rrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit