Will silentlambs Be DF???

by silentlambs 88 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Such an interesting comparison. The Catholic Church, long demonized by the WTBTS as one of the major components of "Babylon the Great" and pretty much the epitome of everything evil in religion, had a meeting in Boston to determine if the Bishop who knew about several pedophile priests and did not report them, should be removed as a Bishop.

The WTBTS, which is the "truth", according to the WTBTS, is hell bent on disfellowshipping those who spoke out about evil within the organization, while continuing to protect the evildoers.

What is wrong with this picture?

• myself
    myself

How about one of those Dateline hidden cameras?

• Simon
    Simon

I took two tape recorders into my JC meeting - did I feel guilty answering 'no' when they asked if I had a tape recorder? What do you think ... (just remember their phrase 'spiritual warfare' which they use to justify anything they do and "it's not lying if the person doesn't deserve the truth")

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Actually,

I think Simon may be on to something. Take two tape recorders in, then when asked if you have a recorder say yes and turn one off. No need for them to know about the second or third backup lol.

Bill,
    I would be willing to come and support you if my work schedule will allow. If the proceedings are on a weekend or a Monday, I am free.

Please email me with the details, and love to you and yours.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

My thoughts exactly. In fact ask the question right back at them.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Amazing has a point, Bill. Just the camera alone would send them running to the toilet....LOL.

Do that Mike Wallace type question style, you know, the kind that makes the interviewee flinch....

ashi

• outnfree
    outnfree

Bill,

I will come down, too, if you'd like a crowd of supporters. E-mail me.

I agree that bringing [Dateline] cameras, an attorney, and tape recorders are all excellent ideas. Most Americans would be absolutely APPALLED at the lack of civil rights that are involved in a "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" judicial committee meeting. NO representation, NO notes allowed to be taken [by the accused], NO hearing what your own witnesses are asked or reply, etc., truly a travesty of justice. What must Jehovah God think when the secular courts do a better job?!!

Pre- and post-JC meeting interviews are a splendid idea, too.

I notice your silence HERE is deafening. And wise. DON'T tip your hand.

Please either call or e-mail me if I can be of help in ANY way.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks for the e-mail Bill.
    Under the circumstances my guess is they expect that you will either NOT bother to attend and if you do they expect you to show up with supporters.
    I would be wondering exactly how much they know regarding inside information about where DateLine stands on this issue. I would deffenately be contacting Dateline and even ask my attorney to contact Dateline with some concerns.

The reason I say this, is also the reason I am saying this on an open forum, is because typically they would be hoping that you not even bother to show up. Also knowing that if you did, it would be with supporters which would not be allowed. Therefore they would be able to dismiss your attending one way or another. Seems as though they may be anticipating your disgruntled disfellowshipment one way or another with-in a timeline.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I appreciate the kind remarks and support, as you can guess I am not able to talk publicly about plans for the upcoming meeting. If you would like to do something to help, email me at [email protected] and I might have a couple of suggestions. The events of the last few days have required me to go back and review some of the material I have on hand. I would like to share the introduction of the "local needs" talk given by Tom Carruthers the week after I went to the media with the problem. As you read the talk ask yourself is the WT admitting ANY problem with WT Policy? What do you think would happen to the Catholic Church if they took this position?

The talk is as follows:

"All of us were greatly surprised this past week with the local media reports regarding Jehovah’s Organization. What saddens us the most is not so much how people may view us as individuals, but rather the terrible disgrace these accusations bring on Jehovah’s Organizations itself. For loyal worshipers of Jehovah, nothing hurts us more than to hear Jehovah’s name and reputation spoken of abusively. While we may of course realize there are no grounds for such allegations that Jehovah’s Organization hides or protects those who molest or abuse children, it’s good for us to be able to answer those who may ask us, sincerely ask us, about this in our ministry. This evening we are going to look at some references and I encourage you to write them down and when you go home review them as a family…"

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

it’s good for us to be able to answer those who may ask us, sincerely ask us, about this in our ministry. This evening we are going to look at some references and I encourage you to write them down and when you go home review them as a family…"

Inother words this evening we will be handing out material for the purpose of PREPING
    Well I guess that could be considered "sincere" answers to "sincere"
    guestions.

I do not see an admission to anything in this paragraph but there is an obvious concern as to how the congergation will handle coments. This can be taken in any direction and it would be hard to use anything in this particular paragraph as evidence of hiding anything. It is worded in a way that just leads me to think that they are steering but that would only be considered an assumption and could not be used.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit