Will silentlambs Be DF???

by silentlambs 88 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I would love to know the state in which this would be done in. I may be able to be there.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

If they decide to DF any of the families involved..why not bring a civil law suit against the JW organization for pain and suffering that has resulted for bringing the truth out to the public. I say hit them in the pocketbook!!!!!!

Keep them tied up in court for years..have all the families also bring civil law suits for what they have suffered..no different then what is happening to the Chatholic Church right now.

For those individuals that do not have money to attain a lawyer I would bet if you called around you would find a lawyer willing to take the case pro bono.
    Leslie

• Bang
    Bang

DEFINITELY tell dateline about the lynching or whatever it is - make sure that you go and display support for your beliefs - you wouldn't want people to think you are just an overzealous JW hater, or some kind of bigot. Take Dateline with you, and explain to the org that you feel it's in the best interests of the org to clean up their act.

Bang

And make sure they patronise you, bag you, insult you, and treat you far worse than they ever did the perpetrators - make sure that everyone knows that in their eyes it's far worse to embarrass them than it is to do things to kiddies.

• Mulan
    Mulan

If the Dateline show is on in two weeks, they can't have a disfellowshipping done and announced in that time. They can't have a hearing (you don't have to be immediately available either, and make them wait a week or so) a decision made and announced, with appeals pending in two weeks, so it looks to me like you have some time.

Good luck! Send it to Barb too.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TMS,

Perhaps, Hillary. But if those being summoned before judicial committees are from different congregations, wouldn't this be evidence of orchestration from the top as opposed to local control of matters? Are the Society's lawyers really thinking the asset protection issue through if they allow these cases to be concurrent? It appears to this feeble brain that if individuals in different congregations were simultaneously brought up on the same charges, it would indicate hierarchal, not grass roots control and open the floodgates for a hierarchal legal remedy.

Yes TMS, you may be correct.

My own feeling is that the WTS are doing what they do best, distorting perceptions.

When Bill, Barabara and the others are DF’d and the rumor mill starts, the average JW will likely be thinking, ‘a clean out of corruption’, as they did with the Franz/Dunlap incident. The WTS will no doubt play on this with WT articles focused on ‘disloyalty in the Last Days’ etc, you know how this runs TMS. The removal of these dissidents will actually work to add respect to the GB rather than removing it. It is very much short-term thinking, but it will work to appease any revolt within WTS walls. I do not believe the majority of active JW’s will put two and together, they never have in the past.

It is hardly a co-incidence that the WTS waited until this last moment, just before Dateline is due to be aired, to throw this spanner in the works. If they had done this last year, the results of it would have been included in the show. Waiting until now limits the damage where JW’s and non-JW’s are concerned. After all a former JW does not have the same ring publicly as an active JW. Last year I spoke to an insider in Legal who still speaks to me and I was informed that the GB were deeply concerned about Dateline, but had plans in hand which would minimize the bad publicity. Funnily enough the term ‘preemptive strike’ was used, which Bill himself uses in his post above. I think we are just seeing the start of these plans.

Did you notice that message in the KM’s this month? An announcement that the experimental televising of JW’s and Family Life will be extended over the next few weeks. Yes, televised PR, showing the WTS as a family oriented, smiling, gentle Organization. I have a feeling that ‘we ain't seen nothing yet’.

Jaracsz privately admits that changes need to be made to the Organization, but he views it as a compromise to allow change to be thrust upon ‘Gods Organization’ by ‘Satanic’ forces. His swan song is ‘change from within, not from without’. Legal do not see it this way and are trying to move forward with a defense strategy.

Interesting times TMS, best wishes to you and yours - HS

LeslieV,

If they decide to DF any of the families involved..why not bring a civil law suit against the JW organization for pain and suffering that has resulted for bringing the truth out to the public. I say hit them in the pocketbook!!!!!!
    Unfortunately, this is a non-starter. The WTS has fought many similar cases and won every one of them on the basis that when a person becomes a ‘member’ of the WTS they knew the rules. The courts have always upheld this standard.

I even know of one elder who was personally sued for mental cruelty by a person that he DF’d as Chairman of the committee. The WTS allowed him to use his own lawyers who were briefed by WTS legal, and bankrolled by the WTS. He won his case, his opponent was bankrupted.

You must remember, the WTS is a formidable opponent and tested for over a century in such matters. Often this is not taken seriously by its opponents.

Best regards - HS

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I am located outside of Paducah, KY. Easiest travel is through Nashville TN about two hours away.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

LOL.... Bill

• happy man
    happy man

hillary steep.
    I think you forget soething here thw internet, as an former elder and only 2 years ago and on going JW in sweden i think the man inn the topp must understand this new media, are they doing this?
    they can not anymore doing things inn the dark evryone now it inn a moment,asspecaly if it is wrongdoing.
    I ask for exampel my friend the Presiding elder,if they in Swedenhade any info abaout NGO, answer was he dont no what I was talking abauot.
    If the society dont ell things like this to all elder itmust be problems, my son atacks me evry day widh this info from intenret , and I must check it,so must more peopel do.
    So I think hillary that it is new times,and exaiting times, if the bigg boys dontunderstan this it will be problems,and I think we alrdeddy see some in less peopel inn metings, here it is like thisand my reading here show it is the same all over the western word.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Happyman,

Yes, you are right WTS Legal *do* understand the inmplications of rapid communication and the free access of previously 'hidden' knowledge. They can clearly see the need for change but are hampered by the idiotic and foolish Inquisional zeal of one particular member of the GB and a couple of his clones.

Jaracz for example has not, and never will even use a computer. As I suggested, what the WTS is doing is short-term damage control and it will work in the short term.

I know of at least one CO who regularly reads this Board, and one now ex CO who was affected to the point of resignation by the information he read. However, in reality, though this information is being spread about, most who are affected are playing a, 'wait and see' game, rather like yourself HappyMan.

Only time will tell what part these events will play in the larger scheme of things.

Kindest regards - HS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Bill,

What is the time and the date of the JC? Are you going to make yourself available for the meeting first time out or try to reschedule. Let us know so that if we can make it we know when to be there. I like the news crew idea, think you can round one up?

If you need financial support in order to sue, don't be afraid to ask.

OK everyone, lets all email Dateline with this info and ask them to cover it.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit