abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's a poor point unstop seeking equality of value so you can tranfer it onto the unborn...

Under law you and Jgant are equal, but in a moral dilema like the titanic disaster it was woman and children first. Equality goes out the window under such circumstances.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

wmf: that was not really what im driving at.

• shadow
    shadow

For those who support abortion, what limits (if any) should be placed on it and why?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I answered, you just don't like my answer. We have equal rights, but our lives are not of equal value. In a dillemma, decisions must be made.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Shadow, I've offered my stand several times here. I believe the decision to abort is between the patient and the doctor, and the limits are under the doctor's oath (ethics).

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: what makes more life more valuable than mine?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

(your life) more valuable than mine sorry typo

• jgnat
    jgnat

Regarding the BMW example, a great deal of time, emotional investment, and money goes in to making an adult. Infants don't come out of the "factory" ready made like a car. You can't leave an infant in the driveway when you can't afford to "drive" it. A closer analogy is that in the process of building the car, a defect is detected and it is taken off the line before it is finished being built. Lots of car factories closed down during this latest economic downturn, for lack of a market. No demand, don't build cars.

Many times a pregnancy spontaneously aborts or the fetus is re-absorbed before it is too far along development. Something went wonky along the way. You are saying, ravens, that God can abort (an athiest says nature), but people are not allowed to make the same decision.

If we allowed nature (God) to follow it's course in all cases, the Jehovah's Witnesses can allow their children to die for lack of transfusion, cancer patients to die from "natural" causes, and so on. This is not life. This is anti-life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I told you ravens, this is a false analogy. I used my own generational line for a better analogy. In my case, my granddaughter's life is more valuable than my own. I'd have no problem donating a kidney for her.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: so you would sacrifice your life for your granddaughter? i believe you. do you have the right to sacrifice my life for your granddaughter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit