abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Unstop. Drawing comparison between an abortion and to Hitler’s holocaust is insulting as well as deeply disrespectful to holocaust victim’s families. Please see number one of posting guidelines below.

I’m sure that if you attended a large holocaust memorial with posters supporting your anti-abortion beliefs you would soon realise how offensive your suggestion is.(I do not suggest you do this!!!!)

If the comparison has been wrongly made in the past in printed literature with the ability to provide context then so be it. Repeating it without context on this forum is inappropriate and still doesn’t make it right.

To accuse millions of mothers who have had to take a tough decision to being like Hitler is reckless and potentially psychologically damaging.

Just think about that. Please visit some of the holocaust museums in Europe and think seriously about what they stand for. The victims of abortion are not just the babies, they are the mothers too – and you would heap more pain on them?

Please consider making a logical debate on right to life in an objective way rather than to embarrass your cause with indulgent reductive sensationalism.

mmxiv

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

He's a fan of Ray Comfort so will eat up the 180 movie linked previous page to as a god send, sadly it's just manipulative, just look at the young dumb people he uses in it, so easy to manipulate.

Lets spend 15 minutes educating them about the horrors of Hitler, then we can liken that to abortion and BAM job done.

• KateWild
    KateWild

WMF,

Darwin did the same thing in "The Greatest show on Earth" Do you think Darwin was wrong to draw a comparison too? I do, and Bohm, can see my view, he agree's with me.

This is a reasonable comparison to the Holocaust, the killing fields of Cambodia

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=killing+fields&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=tcWdUtavFZGjhgeCjIHoDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=642

If you accept it from Darwin, you should accept it from unstop, should you not?

Love Sam xx

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

you mean dawkins. and dawkins didn't liken the holocaust to anything, he likened the delusion of creationists to the delusion of holocaust deniers, since both deny historical facts.

usr, so you are essentially taking the position of the roman catholic in that monty python video? are you also against contraception in general? all of these cells are able to eventually become human beings.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mmxiv: my post is not to be disresptful to anyone, its purpose is the opposite to repsect the life of ppl, i never compared hilter to the mothers, that was you reading far more into what wrote, than what was typed. hilters motive was evil and based on hate, i never said the mothers aborting there children were motived by hate. sadly you are focusing on the mothers who have to make a hard choice, when the real victims are the babies. if you seen any disrespect im sorry but that again is not the purpose. still i find it sad as well when a athiest like mr dawkins compares denying evolution to deny the holocaust the athiest here cheer it on or support and defend it, when a believer is simply comparing the millions who died in ww2 to the millions who die in wombs he is insulting. seems very biased

• KateWild
    KateWild

J. Hofer,

Oops apologies I do I meant to say Dawkin's. Evolution deniers commpared with holocaust deniers was Dawkin's comparison. The point is it's not a fair comparision.

My postion on abortion is in my post number 1066 of this thread on page one. I am just pulling cofty's leg. He is playing chess on this thread with unstop, so I thought I would take his queen, metaphorically speaking.

Abstention is my chosen form of contraception at the moment, but I may plan another child if I meet someone before I get too old, then manapause will be my contraception.

Sam xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Kate, it's best to say nothing sometimes,... this is one of them. LOL

• KateWild
    KateWild

WMF,

I am glad you had a giggle at my expence, but the fact that I got Dawkins and Darwin mixed up shows I make mistakes, but I am not ashamed of it. The point is you are debating fair comprisions WMF. My point is valid. I agree with you WMF, unstop is not making fair comparisons, but he is not a published author.

Dawkin's on the other hand wants to be a role model. My son is an atheist, 12ys. I don't want him to disrespect believers as Dawkins does, so when we read his books together, we will also read others, and I will make sure I teach my son how to criticise Dawkins methods.

unstop-you do not offend me, the point of the pictures was to show what my views of a comparison are, you are welcome to your views, keep posting and keep learning. I like chatting to you.

Sam xx

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it's just not the same thing. a creationist as well as a holocaust denier ignore historical facts. neither the creationist nor the holocaust denier has to be a bad person, still they are just (deliberately) ignorant.

on the other hand, the holocaust is regarded to have been the most horrible thing that ever happened in human history (which is debatable, but the fact that it happened is not debatable). and you compare this to the removal of inconcious cells, which in most cases is hardly any different from using contraception.

what's your view on intrauterine devices?

• KateWild
    KateWild

neither the creationist nor the holocaust denier has to be a bad person, still they are just ignorant.-J.Hofer

I am afraid I disagree, I have never met met a holocaust denier. I am sure they are fundamentalists, that are dangerous anti-semites. I have however heard of a girl who said she thought Hitler was a fictional character, as a soon as she was corrected she did not argue the point. She was at no time a holocaust denier.

I am going to teach my son, this is a unfair comparison, and teach him that Dawkins could have compaired evolution deniers with Isle of Mann deniers. It poses the same difficulty for the Geography teacher as the Science teacher would have.

J.Hofer you are welome to your opinion too, I just disagree with your point. Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit