abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Is a zygote a unique individual or just some genetic material that potentially could become a person?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

it is a seperate orgainism that hopefully becomes a fetus

• cofty
    cofty

"organism", what sort of euphemism is that?

Why won't you answer the central question?

Would you agree that a zygote is simply a piece of genetic material that may or may not eventually become a living person?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: i am answering, just being careful how i answer you, ppl around here twist what ppl say so yes in a sense it is a living indivual.

• Simon
    Simon

There seems to be this notion promoted (by the Christian right) that lots of women are having late-term-abortions as some bizzarre form of birth control.

I can't believe it's a good experience for anyone and doesn't ever come with a lot of heart wrenching decisions from being in a difficult place in life made worse by judgemental types who only want to condemn but do little to help.

Maybe people who want to criticise abortion have to pay a fee before they are allowed to do so with the funds set aside to go to those who include financial hardship as a contributing factor to making the choice.

• Comatose
    Comatose

If you can't even admit that a zygote is a unique individual, then how could you say 4 million unique individuals being tortured to death is the same thing?

You are clearly dancing around words afraid to admit what Cofty has skillfully and painstakingly drug out of you. Just admit you were bored at work and do not now consider it the same as the holocaust.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Unstop... I found this very interesting. Think it's along the lines of what you're thinking. Have you seen it?

http://www.180movie.com/

• cofty
    cofty

yes in a sense it is a living indivual.

In what sense? You equate the abortion of a zygote to murder but you are unwilling to clearly affirm that a zygote is a unique human.

• KateWild
    KateWild

How do doctors perform an abortion on a zygote cofty? It's microscopic, I am sure that a pregnancy test would come up negative at this stage also, you have to wait until you miss your first period before you do a test. When I say you I mean a female. Goodnight Sam xx

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty:\comastose:i just go done telling you why i am chossing my words carefully, i do consider it to be a living indivual, when i said in a sense i am refering to its phyical attitribes and because the embryo is dependant on the mother to live. sorry if i was not clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit