AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

First of all, the HQ is NOT called the Branch - these are tro separate things, the Branch is the center of the US activity, the HQ is the center of the worldwide activity. Two separate entities.

One very wise comment was made, "if there is a major doctrinal shift rolled out at the annual meeting, it will be something that they've already begun to downplay or at least haven't mentioned in awhile"

If you look at the organization brochure issued a couple of years ago, you will notice when it discusses the servant / gb, that it says more or less nothing, it does not say that it represents the remnant - and that is because the change to the gb being the servant was already on its way, and it would be strange to suddenly change the teaching a few months after a brochure had been issued. Likewise now, you cannot change 1914 a month after it has been stated as the start of the last days at a wt study. Look for something that has not been mentioned for a while, that has been downplayed, that has been a bit watery lately, and that is where a possible change will come.

Was I the only one that noticed that in the article on babel and the origin of languages, a stone tablet with Babylonian writing was labelled as dating from around year 3,000 BC? But year 3,000 - that is 500 years before the flood......................

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Wow TheoldHippie - if they revamp the flood to being a local event, or biblical human timelines to being symbolic, that would be amazing!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

...... and it would do away with one (or, THE) MAJOR stumbling block!

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Once again, I think its about the virgins and talents because the "new light Wt" left those things open. It would be kind of a sequel to the last year's meeting.

• BroMac
    BroMac

My guess: They have not thought of anything yet, and they are seeing what JWN can come up with.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the anti-climax is coming, even now many anti-climaxes have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour."

Nic 3:18

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Nostromo - I think you're right. The July 15th new light impacts on their interpretation of so many parables that they are going to have to rework them.

The 10 virgins, the talents, maybe even the dragnet must all be up for change.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

TOH - I'm a little dense this AM. What would be the big deal over moving the flood to a localized event? I realized even when I was a true believer that Noah's flood a) couldn't have been earthwide but didn't need to be if there really were a small population of humans on the earth centered in one spot and b) there's no way every single species could have essentially evolved in that short a period of time to get the diversity we see today.

I always thought it was written from the perspective of Moses and that he had no idea how large the earth was and didn't really need to know at that time.

But, if they change the timing on the flood would that really change any of their other prophetic timing issues. ie - 607 which is the big date since that is directly tied to 1914.

In the past, the US didn't have a branch, they were run directly by worldwide HQ. As you noted, they created a US branch I believe at the same time they did the corporate reorg so around 2000.

Really curious what you mean if you don't mind.

• sir82
    sir82
    Was I the only one that noticed that in the article on babel and the origin of languages, a stone tablet with Babylonian writing was labelled as dating from around year 3,000 BC? But year 3,000 - that is 500 years before the flood......................

They's just lazy editing from someone who flunked 6th grade math.

They do stuff like that all the time.

Heck, their editors don't even catch all their own internal inconsistencies - it's no wonder they miss the implications of using that date.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I've been a JW since I was 4-5 back in 1952-3. Every few years as we know they need something 'big and exciting' to keep the buzz going. Each year at the DC or International conventions they have a a 'new' release with the samo o same o. all the faithful scrutinize the new release to glean 'new light'. JW's love 'new light' stuff no matter what it is. So, beginning this year I think that all will be invited yearly (you know like another convention)to the AGM so we can feel 'special'. The information is secondary, the fact that all are invited to this 'special' event is the primary thing. Keep the buzz going! Whatever they say will be 'truth' and all JW's MUST accept and believe it, no questions, got it!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit