AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Heard that there are a number of confidential instructions for the AGM. One being that all the contribution boxes will be covered, or otherwise put out of service, with only (a) Society contribution box(es).

• zound
    zound

New light.

In accordance with biblical precedences, Tythes will be introduced around the world. Though evidently, a correct interpretation of the passage indicates 40% of your income as opposed to 10%.

Gnats speculation actually sounds interesting - perhaps there is a mandatory meeting attendance you need to make, otherwise you are attomatically disfellowshipped.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The circuit overseer in our mid West US congregation a couple of weeks ago hinted that the revised NWT would be announced or released at the annual meeting this year. To me this all but confirms the rumor, as I don't think he would have said that if it were not true.

• obarac
    obarac

Anyone have login details for watching AGM on stream.jw.org?

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

I have a jw.org account but on stream.jw user and passw are differents :(

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

I doubt they would stream that meeting

• St George of England
    St George of England

@Bobcat - If only contribution boxes in the KH are to be for the Society, how does the local KH/Congregation meet its expenses?

George

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

St George:

The 'donations for the Society only' is for those two days that the KH is being used for the AGM.

Your right that the local facility should have the means to recoup their expense of being used. But I take it that the Society sees these meetings as 'theirs' and, as far as the Society is concerned, no ones going to give their donations to anybody else.

Even the elder that told me this only knew what he had been told by the COBE of the home congregation. (This KH has several congregations, but only one is considered the 'owner' of it.)

I can see the Society doing this. They are very protective of 'their' donations. They don't mind donations for local needs being transferred to them. But don't you dare move any of the WWW donations to the Local fund!

I wish I had more of the skinny on this. But I try not to make my 'source' feel like I'm digging for intelligence. On the other hand, I think he is slowly becoming aware of the Society's shenanigans. I throw 'thoughts' his way (but not too much) and let them sit and stew.

Take Care

• steve2
    steve2

What the world needs now is...not another revised version of another version of the Bible. Lord we don't need another mountain......

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

A slow jog towards people printing their own literature is to begin?

bro's and sis's who can print your own literature.... please do.

Pdf files are acceptable alternatives that can be read and used instead at the hall.

A new online digital bible is likewise available, revised from the NWT.

literature for preaching will be in an a4 format that can be printed and given door to door

Brothers your contributions would now go straight from your kindly pockets to the ink in your printer, avoiding any satanic middle men, your faith and loyalty made evident in how much printing hours you do a month, to be reported every 4 weeks.

p.s. For as long as we can still convince you that further donations are needed to build halls, help natural disasters and 'further kingdom interests' we will continue the monthly payment scheme soon to be globally adopted,

much brotherly bla bla bla bla,

your homies, the GB unit x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit