My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just have this to say (about the dramatic "Exit Post"):

I thought it was VERY BAD TASTE to try to piggyback on the Ray Franz name and legacy by claiming "conscience" (veiled reference to Crisis of Conscience, get it?) and quoting him in this exit crying towel post.

For one thing, creating divisive organizations to counter the Watchtower religion was one thing that Franz and the Dunlaps were ADAMANTLY AGAINST .

They quite clearly realized the danger and pratfalls of trying to create human organizations - and knew that this was in fact what went wrong with the society from the early days when Russell and company did that.

We have reached a very sorry state of self-delusion if we begin to rationalize to ourselves that Ray Franz (of all people!) would be an AAWA supporter if he were still living!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Lady Lee,

You were clearly one of the most helpful people on this forum. I can only respond with my education and experience. Being smart in defeating the WT is a good thing. Those of us who want to deliver well-timed and harder blows to the WT are not silent. No way. You catch more flies (or bees) with honey than with vinegar. Whatever the old saying is.

I would never judge your actions so please don't judge my choice. I am NOT silent. When I engage normal people and I am full of anger, I can see people tuning me out. When I make jokes mocking the WT and offer one point that is not theological, people are riveted.

Bon chance.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Passive aggressive undertones aside, I don't quite understand this departure.

JWN provides a unique platform to interact with a large ex-Witness community. Many of the posters here stated that they are thankful for your insight and comments over the past 12 years.

The tone of your post is that you can no longer oppose the Watchtower while posting here. I just don't see it. If this was such an ineffective area, there wouldn't be 6 pages of people thanking you.

I wish you the best, but I don't think you yet grasp what you have given up.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lee Marsh, who has qualifications and experience in the field of support work, joined as an Advisory Board member on March 31, 2013 – bringing the total number of board members to eight. Lee will lead the Support Team, and we are grateful to be adding her skills and experience to our project.

Qualifications? Really?? Good grief, have never heard such self importance as the one from the OP. I commend the admin of this board for not saying what you must really think!

• mind blown
    mind blown

Lady Lee exited, her choice of words, the way she exited...... is her descision alone.

I personally think she's making a mistake following that snake Cedar's who harmed others, however, I don't know enough of LL's back story on why. I'm sure she has reasons we are unaware of that drove her descision. I'm sure she's hurt. Any mature adult can see this.

But the fact she is a middled aged, handi capped women with health issues, I'm sure she doesn't need any more of your BS judging her.

Picking or choosing this battle says alot about YOUR character.

• steve2
    steve2

Sometimes when the air becomes thick with earnestly heated emotion, irreverence is the best answer: It punctures the universal human tendency to cling too tightly to one's need to be right.

Just as we did what we had to do to either leave or fade from the Watchtower, we are "free" to chose to post here or not, to read silently or actively participate.

Usually departures from this forum are no big deal and in the main are less purposeful or intentional than our "leaving" the Watchtower. Usually.

However, occasionally posters feel sincerely motivated to "announce" their departure. Most such "departure" notices I have read have been even-handed and gracious, although some of them have been heavily into expressed personal hurt, judgement and damnation. For better or for worse, Lady Lee's "departure" notice avoided both these extremes. Yet, because her publicized departure was a calculated but uneasy mix of subtle judgement and good wishes, it conveyed a parting shot whose aim contradicted its supposed intent.

The lesson (if there be one): Take responsbility for how you frame your OP. If there are good wishes, they will be heard clearly and appreciated. If there are judgements, they will be heard clearly and most likely not appreciated. Lady Lee deftly tried to blend good wishes and judgements. Little wonder she has elicited in roughly equal measure fond farewells and reciprocal criticism.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I'm out of here! Goodbye forever board that exists in the web somewhere.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ok.....I'm back. Just had to take a break there.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Mindblown said: 'But the fact she is a middled aged..' -- Actually, if you are going purely from the sympathy angle, you should mention that she's around 60... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/30248/1/50-years-today

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

having been a lurker here for years before i ever posted, ive watched LL's posts and words. she seems like a nice lady. i admire anyone with the guts to question everything and come to terms with the fact that your entire life may be 'wrong'. that takes a special type of 'realist'. i dig it.

that said, grand 'departure' posts on forum boards have always been more telling to me as an action, regardless of what is actually said in the 'goodbye'. one of the true and fine things my JW old-man did teach me was this: people will tell you exactly what they want if you listen with your eyes. posting long and 'righteous' goodbyes...i dont know...definitely hints at a passive-aggressive intention. you know....can't deal with the reality of a situation due to impatience, percieved injustice, intolerance, etc? just leave. PM's are made for PM'ing. tell your friends goodbye and move on.

otherwise, a complex goodbye post may leave a bad taste in the mouths of the ones you leave behind. you know, 'this place isn't healthy for me, now...i can't justify remaining here because of the less than proper things going on. but by all means, YOU ALL FEEL FREE TO STAY...'i don't know. just my opinion...which has often been wrong...and is worth whatever you'd like to pay me for it.
    good luck to LL, regardless. we're all former cult members...so we've all got 'issues'. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit