Where is Jehovah?

by His Excellency 121 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    Why develop a yearning for something that is non-existant?

cantleave has answered that.

If you say it developed as part of our evolution or pattern thinking, whatever, well that implies a fundamntal flaw in the human species, that it cannot survive without delusion of some sort.

and your point would be.....?

Never baptized a jw, remember?

Yes I remember you boasting that you "think too much" to fall for Watchtower lies. Good for you, pity we were not as smart as you are.

• tec
    tec

cantleave has answered that.

No he did not.

and your point would be.....?

That in the context of speculation that there is no God, I find this spiritual yearning to be extremely unlikely.

Yes I remember you boasting that you "think too much" to fall for Watchtower lies. Good for you, pity we were not as smart as you are.

I did not boast. I just refused to allow you to use something like that against me, as you tried then, and again now.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

And in the OT itself, the law is spoken of having been handled by the lying pen of the scribes. So tell me how these things jive with your... either he accepted it or he didn't?

I don't need to, perhaps since you hear Christ he'll tell you why he made those statements that show he endorsed the law in those versus I posted above that are his quotes. I know... so many contradictions and confusion.

He came as the Truth, to show the Truth of God. He came as the Word of God. Not to point to something else as being the word of God.

It is very simple. Look to Christ to see God. Not the Israelites (often hard-hearted, who needed the law written on stone tablets because the law could not be written upon their hearts) Not the law (lying pen of the scribes, and also given due to those hard hearts). Not Moses (who prophecies that we are to listen to the One who comes after him) Not the scriptures (which make no such statement about themselves). Not the bible (which is not even one book, much less claiming to be inerrant)

It wasn't the isrealites that ordered a genocide and sat by and watched it happen that was god and Jesus, "truth" does not look too appealing when you look at those pesky facts. We should expect better from an almighty being.

I cannot prove it.

Thanks for admitting that. Don't you think it's a somewhat reasonable request of an almighty to identify the truth about him and what he wants so that there is no ambiguity there?

God's message is clear. Listen to my Son.

Saying the words doesn't make it so, see the last point. All I and millions of others hear is the wind blowing.

B) Christ did not look at the OT as truth. You have no reason to think this. He corrected things from the law, and revealed the Truth instead. "You have heard it said, but i tell you now..."

In fact I do have reason to think this, that is why I quoted several gospel scriptures which show that Jesus accepted the law as truth. Think of all the times he stated "it is written..." would he keep saying that if he didn't believe it?

Translations and copying, etc, are not inerrant. (again, woe to you scribes)

So do you deny that god did give Israel that command to enter the promised land and slaughter all of the people that were already there?

Do you think that those are the first or last instance that someone used God's name to demand that others go to war and utterly destroy one's enemies?

No I don't, and again therein lies the big problem with religion and god to my original point. God allowing that confusion to continue to fester shows a total lack of love and leadership.

• tec
    tec

This would appear to be the case. Unlike other animals we have a highly developed imagination which gives us the ability to contemplate our own demise. This same ability allows us to create a way to circumnavigate death - in our mind.
    It could be that the Achilles heel in the human race is our overly imaginative mind. It has enabled us to re-shape the world we live in and give us an abundance of choice and pleasure. Ultimately, as a race, it could be our undoing.

I guess it would depend upon your perspective.

It would be a fundamental flaw, imo, that if we are all there is, that we could not learn to stand on our own in reality. Makes no sense to me.

Or it is evidence that we are NOT on our own; and that we have this yearning and seeking (and finding), because there is something (someone) to yearn FOR, and find.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

If He did not exist, no one would believe that He did...tec

LMAO! How circular is that comment.

If you say it developed as part of our evolution or pattern thinking, whatever, well that implies a fundamntal flaw in the human species, that it cannot survive without delusion of some sort...tec

Why would that be considered a flaw, it could be something useful for survival that has been misguided? And who says we CANNOT survive without delusion? Most of us call it fantasy, many fantastic inventions have come about from imagination.

Only the god deluded would think it could be considered a flaw..because they assume we were designed.

• cofty
    cofty

The evolutionary origins of our religious tendencies are very well understood. No actual god is required to explain it.

The world looks precisely as it would look if your god exists only in the minds of religious types like you.

I did not boast.

Yes you did. You said you "think too much" to become a JW. That is a boast that disrespects everybody else on this forum.

Hitch on the origin of religious belief.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

God's message is clear. Listen to my Son.

So do you "go therefore and make disciples" and remain "no part of this world"? If so how?

• tec
    tec

I don't need to, perhaps since you hear Christ he'll tell you why he made those statements that show he endorsed the law in those versus I posted above that are his quotes. I know so many contradictions and confusio

He has. He corrected misunderstandings, he made known that the importance was on love, and mercy, and forgiveness. That the law was not meant to judge others, but to be used to keep an eye upon oneself.

The law was for... lawbreakers. For those who did not have the law (of love) written upon their hearts. But the law was only a tutor... leading to Christ. The law does not give life. Christ does that.

(and in that verse... no letter will fall until all is accomplished... well, the purpose of the law was to be a tutor until Christ came; and to reveal sin. Christ has come, and he forgives/covers sin, and we are to listen to Him)

So not confusing, not contradicting.

Just listen to Christ.

It wasn't the isrealites that ordered a genocide and sat by and watched it happen that was god and Jesus, truth does not look to appealing when you look at those pesky facts. We should expect better from an almighty being.

Um... do you even believe in God?

(whether you do or do not, you are still not looking at God through His Image and Truth... but rather through a book written by men, handed down and translated and copied by men)

Saying the words doesn't make it so, see the last point. All I and millions of others hear is the wind blowing.

Well, the words are there. What you do with them is your choice.

In fact I do have reason to think this, that is why I quoted several gospel scriptures which show that Jesus accepted the law as truth. Think of all the times he stated "it is written..." would he keep saying that if he didn't believe it?

You keep looking at it as if it is an all or nothing. Sometimes scripture answered. Sometimes HE corrected what was written with the TRUTH.

So do you deny that god did give Isreal that command to enter the promised land and slaughter all of the people that were already there?

Of course i deny that. That is not even what is written. It is written that they were supposed to make offerings of peace with many; but just not those seven groups. Because of what those seven had done/were doing... to them or to others... I don't know.

No I don't, and again therein lies the big problem with religion and god to my original point. God allowing that confusion to continue to fester shows a total lack of love and leadership.

Yes, well, all one has to do is look at His Son to get rid of the confusion (that man made to begin with, by not listening from the beginning). Really, it is that simple. Those who follow Christ are persecuted... they do not do the persecuting. They hope, they forgive, they pray for their enemies (meaning those who have set themselves up as THEIR enemies, and not the other way around), they love, they give to those who ask of them, they show mercy, they do not cause harm, they listen in faith, they point to Christ as the Truth and the Life... and not themselves. They also sin, but they would take responsibility for that themselves, rather than blame Christ or God. (as the wts does with its 'new light')

Peace,

tammy

• cantleave
  • tec
    tec

So do you "go therefore and make disciples" and remain "no part of this world"? If so how?

By witnessing to Christ... and... by listening to Christ first and foremost, over anything else in the world. (not sure I always get this last bit right, but I am learning) But I can't say that I've been much of a crowd follower... in thought or in deed.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit