Where is Jehovah?

by His Excellency 121 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Do you honestly think that those wars would not have been fought, otherwise? Take God out of the equation, and you have people fighting over land, territory, money, power, women, ideologies, etc. Same old, same old.

Politics and religion... a bad mix altogether. Christ said NOT to be part of the world. That his kingdom was NOT from this world, or his followers would fight to establish that. These are pretty clear statements. So how is it that people are going ahead and fighting wars on this world in his name anyway?

Yes as a matter of fact I do think many wars, and unspeakable suffering would have been prevented without confusing messages of what god wants. There are quite a number of mainstream interpretations of scriptures which assert that their nation is part of god’s kingdom. The bible is full of examples where god uses nations to do his bidding, how do they not know that god’s heavenly kingdom isn’t acting through a proxy nation as god did so many times in the past? There are millions of 'Christians' right here in the USA that believe the USA is an instrument of gods kingdom. For god being so in tune with humans and supposedly knowing us better than we know ourselves his inability to clarify matters illustrates that he either doesn’t really care or he is daft to reality of how human minds work.

Despite the above words that everyone is privy to... it has not stopped people from doing their own thing, according to their own desires. Following kings, religions, governments.... and not Christ. Same old, same old.

No he hasn’t but perhaps if he cared about people he would at least give them indisputable information and evidence that isn’t so easily subject to interpretation, from which humanity can make better decisions from.

And yet, as we can see, despite very specific words and teachings and commands, that every 'christian' is supposed to believe in... those plain words are twisted in order to justify their own desires. Same old, same old.

What if your raised believing the Qur’an is the last revelation of God? I guess by Jesus standards that’s your fault...

People would have to be changed. Meaning we would not have the freedom that mankind desires above all, to the point of killing or dying for it. Because people are the ones doing as described above. It is not God's communication skills that are at fault... it is our listening skills.

No it has nothing to do with listening. I’ve studied the bible and Qur’an extensively and it really is a big f’cked up mess of confusion.

Out of curiosity, how do you think that is making anything 'better'?

Well it would certainly help people to be more tolerant of one another, for example perhaps the Muslims would stop believing it is there ultimate destiny to bring about Sharia to the whole of mankind and become members of the human race. The only reason the Christians are not doing the same today is because most of the countries they reside in have become secularized.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, TBH. I heard it said that suffering is man's fault not god's fault.

Well there's a feckin' get out clause if there was one. Everyone elses fault but Twat-hovah's. No wonder I am more inclined to swing to Satan.

I say cobblers. If god was such a great entity he would have protected his children. He's done naff all. I look after my bloody boots better than god looks after humanity. It's a joke!

Therefore he is either a capricious, a fatuous disgusting psycho or he doesn't exist.

I go for non existant.

Yes. Suffering is man's fault because that's all there is....MANKIND!

God won't help....he doesn't care or doesn't exist.

Vent over.

• mP
    mP

Holy names is such a pagan custom anyway. The anceints thought by shouting a name you could get help or hurt people. Thats why the Bible bans such acts because they actually believed that it worked. By the same extension they gave their kids theophoric names like Jehovah Loves me, Jehovah is the best etc as they thought the kid gained protection from Jehovah. The WTS is continuing this tradition by making the name untouchable, becase as we all know shouting Jehovah help me that gang just took my wallet does absolutely nothing.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Spot on Wholly , and welcome to the forum

smiddy

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Witness my Fury:

"In the absense of God even Satan could have stepped up to be the good guy and take gods place and come out smelling of roses, ...never happened, never will, as he doesnt exist either."

Never thought of it like that! Exellent point. Satan is supposed to be able to transform himself into an angel of light. He's had so many opportunities to look the hero. Show God up for an uncaring being. Why hasnt he? Why is no point scoring going on between them? It is an issue of universal sovereignty after all...

And if God has let man rule himself in order to prove they are useless at governing themselves, has Satan decided to do the very same thing? mmm

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

TEC re my post 1772 about the naughty children, I am dissapointed you chose to not 'get' the simple point there.

• mP
    mP

GONE

And if God has let man rule himself in order to prove they are useless at governing themselves, has Satan decided to do the very same thing? mmm

MP

Where does it say that in the bible ? Thats yet another tale from the long list of make up stories from the WTS.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

"And if God has let"

Too true mp, jws like to use the one in Jeremiah? it doesnt belong to man to direct his step.

• Heaven
    Heaven

As I said to one of my colleagues not long ago....

"I have come to realize through years of reading and research that God is just a construct of the human imagination and nothing more."

So to answer your question, Where is Jehovah? He is in the minds of those who 'believe'. And that is all.

Bronze-Aged Middle Eastern men's mythology is no more real that Greek, Celtic, European, African, Australian and Oceania etc mythology. It's all made up, fabrications, fantasies attempting to explain the unexplainable. It is not real.

• tec
    tec

Yes as a matter of fact I do think many wars, and unspeakable suffering would have been prevented without confusing messages of what god wants. There are quite a number of mainstream interpretations of scriptures which assert that their nation is part of god’s
    kingdom. The bible is full of examples where god uses nations to do his bidding, how do they not know that god’s heavenly kingdom isn’t acting through a proxy nation as god did so many times in the past? For god being so in tune with humans and supposedly knowing us
    better than we know ourselves his inability to clarify matters illustrates that he either doesn’t really care or he is daft to reality of how human minds work.

I disagree with regard to wars and suffering. We have examples of wars and leaders who have committed horrible atrocities... no name of god involved at all... and these from atheists. However, you are probably right that some disputes would not have happened except for religion. Ironically, religion has been responsible for killing the people and prophets who belong to Christ and God as well - calling them heretics, apostates, blasphemers, of the devil, etc. Of course, there is also religion that is responsible for social programs and huge charities to feed and clothe the poor too.

I am not talking about the bible, TT2C.

No he hasn’t but perhaps if he cared about people he would at least give them indisputable information and evidence that isn’t so easily subject to interpretation, from which humanity can make better decisions from.

He has done so. He has done so in the past, with signs and prophets. People still did their own thing. He has done so now with His Son. His Word. His Image. People still do their own thing.

For example:

Do not commit adultery.

That is pretty straightforward. But how many people disobey this, and then justify it to themselves?

What if your raised believing the Qur’an is the last revelation of God? I guess by Jesus standards that’s your fault..

What if you are?

Most faiths that I know of, have love and mercy as being the weightier matters of the law. Some hear that, and follow. Some disregard that, and follow their own desires. There are members of Islam who love and show love... and there are members of Islam who hate and show hate.

Quite a lot of the problems in the middle east are political as well, and quite a lot of those are due to the fault of other nations, and not muslims.

No it has nothing to do with listening. I’ve studied the bible and Qur’an extensively and it really is a big f’cked up mess of confusion.

The Bible and the Quran are not God. Nor the Word of God. The bible does not even claim to be... it is even written in there that CHRIST is the Word of God. I don't know about the Quran.

And if it had nothing to do with listening... then how is it that some DO hear and DO understand that Christ did not want anyone killing in his name, or burning people in his name? I mean, it is disgusting to attribute those things to Him. Everything he taught and teaches goes against it. Yet, men did it.

Well it would certainly help people to be more tolerant of one another, for example perhaps the Muslims would stop believing it is there ultimate destiny to bring about Sharia to the whole of mankind and become members of the human race. The only reason the
    Christians are not doing the same today is because most of the countries they reside in have become secularized.

I think that you are taking an extreme (or perhaps narrow) view of muslims.

'Christians' would not do the same as long as they were listening to Christ. If they need secular laws to keep them from harming or enslaving others, then I am unaware of how they can claim to know or love or follow Christ and God to begin with.

In any case, talking about a world without belief in God is all speculation. We have never had such a world. We have no atheist run world history to make any sort of accurate statement.

peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit