Candace Conti v. Watchtower Society - Closing Argument by WTBTS Attorney

by jwleaks 84 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

that is the way they operate....

it's actually embarassing how poor those closing arguments were. If the rank and file JW's could see how lame their best defense team is it would raise a few eyebrows.

It's like a grown man breaking down and crying and throwing away his diginity....imagine admitting that this girl had gotten the better of them and that they will change. lol. love it.

I guess jehovah has been asleep at the wheel when it comes to directing the WT on how to handle child abuse cases.

The Oracle

• Scott77
    Scott77

Ms. Conti said she wanted to change policies. That's why she brought this suit. And we feel bad for Ms. Conti. But I can assure you, and I can assure her, that Watchtower's policies continue to evolve. And I can safely say that, with her verdict yesterday, Ms. Conti has succeeded. I encourage you to award no punitive damages in this case.
    MR. SCHNACK-the Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Socieity Attorney

I think, if the Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Society used non-JW attorneys, they would have been in even in more troubled waters because the later is unfamiliar with JW pro-pedo policies and manipulative teachings. Several contradictions would have been noticeable. And besides, the Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Society do not trust worldly, Satan-trained attorneys who might end of working against them. That is my opinion.

Scott77

• karter
    karter

The WTS does not alow anyone who has been a child abuser to be an Elder,M.S or pioner???

B.S there is a current Eler around here who screwed his own sister when she was 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bennyk
    bennyk
    The Jehovah's Witnesses Church is not the Catholic Church, that it has had verdict after verdict after verdict over the years. It's been in the press. We are all aware of it.

Yes, you were very aware of it. You admit it. And your knowledge of it makes you more culpable, not less. You knew full well the implications of doing nothing whatsoever to protect the children from these predators. But you chose to do nothing.

You disgust me.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the closing arguments for the deliberation for punitive damages after the verdict.

If so, it would be extremely arrogant for the lawyers to claim that this is the first case and that they are changing policy after the previous argument likely attacked Candace's character and denied any wrong-doing.

It is like they are so used to the rank and file switching their whole understanding just because of new light, that they thought a jury would forget their previous comments and believe the "current truth"

• life is to short
  • wasblind
    wasblind

I do HATE the Watchtower like I hate Jim Jones of kool-aid Jonestown fame.

But,I do not have to make anything up about their sleaze,the truth will prevail._________ Refriedtruth

Refriedtruth,

Please forgive me if I offended you in my post, I was replyin' in agreement to 00DAD

I have no cause to doubt your post at all, I thought of a tongue twister

when I used three words that started wit an " F "

You know, somthin' like " Peter picked a peck of pickles "

• jworld
    jworld

Send this to my mom. She requested I stop sending her "this garbage". She then justified the Watchtower because look at Penn State. Where were the police there. I responded, Penn State does not claim to represent God.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

"may," "likely" - and many more are weasal terms. Juries are not stupid. Imagine if the text had no qualifiers. When I read the policy, I see complete discretion in the hands of the elders. Men with no experience in exercising discretion. The message from the Society is so waffly that its intentions seems to be to encourage pedophiles.

Recently, I spoke with some Witnesses concerning quoting a Nuremberg convicted Nazi theologian, which was not necessary to bolster their argument, and the Selma and Steve story, which also was not necessary to makek their point. Indeed, Selma and Steve's story was edited in European countries. Such incidents of boldly going where only an idiot would stand out to the world and to apostates. The Witnesses seemed nice. Yet they clearly had NO recall of these very recent accounts.

His closing was so weak. Why not state exactly they are changing - list every single detail that is changed. A new policy could have been implemented before the closing argument. Basically, it was trust us.....we covered up in the past for long periods of time, and even tho our policy has not changed textually. we are evolving. What is the rate of evolution? Everyting on earth evolves. If he said that this case and the others provided such stories that policy needed to change quickly, and cited a commission, anything concrete with deas, rather than a vague assurance.

I certainly hope Conti wins the appeals.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anywhere in his statements where he said that they would report the pedophile to the authorities... excuse me... the police (for those who might be terminology impaired.).

Again, I may have missed it, but he seemed to only be quoting from their memos regarding how to handle the pedophiles... internally.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit