Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Thank you for posting this.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

ATJ: Thanks, I'm trying to be patient, but it's not one of my strengths.

I realize you're right, that we can only try to control things we can control, like our reaction, but this makes me so mad. I wanna' do something about it.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

And he already yelled at my father for allowing me to come to a family gathering, "forcing him and _______ to not be able to attend."

They don't see how stupid it is to avoid an entire gathering because one person who is no longer in agreement with their religion will be there? That is ridiculous.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They shun to keep people to KEEP people in.

Reading that put me into a WTF stuper. It makes all the sense in the world. I remember one scenario with an old friend whom I knew before either one of us studied. She was going through a rough time and I was asking the elders if I COULD CALL HER. They said not to even bother and I was a wuss and I didn't call. Newly baptized and still way under the glow. But I saw how they regrouped the herd.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Blondie you're golden. Great point.

Those crusty, old, "abusive" men with their backward ways DF tactics have only pushed me even further from believing it's the truth. I guess they forgot Jesus hung out with prostitutes.

I just wondering....they must be aware there's tons of JW's who have two feet out the door and the only reason they don't completely leave is due to family still in. So to keep the fear alive, the GB tightens the noose as a threat not to leave because this too could happen to you.

All I can say is. I along with many here can't wait for shit to hit the fan and they get fully exposed.

So, do any of you think the GB reads our posts here?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The only DF'd witnesses that "come back' to the organization are those whose minds are still completely controlled. A person that got DF'd because he had pre-martial sex is a classic example. He still believes the JWs are right. He has never done any research outside of what the society provides him. He is scared shitless of dying at argmageddon. Therefore he repents and joins the rest.

Any who truly investigate the borg with an open mind will never go back.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Why would any self-respecting person keep approaching flesh and blood who have so completely and utterly scorned him?"

Biological love. That's why. I look at my children and I would be absolutely crushed if they said to me one day "dad.....I don't want to speak to you or see you anymore". The love I have for them will never dissipate. The need I have to be a part of their lives will never lessen......even if they don't WANT me to be a part of their lives.

This is the SOLE reason I haven't DA'd myself. Because I've looked into the future. What if my kids both become witnesses and say they can't talk to me because I am DA'd?

• the pharmer
    the pharmer

Marking

• iclone
    iclone

I echo many of the comments reflected in this very interesting thread. The simple fact is, these articles and the strong language scream desperation from the WTS. So many of us are "just going through the motions", we have mentally checked out of this farce of a religion and they know it. In fact they are probably reading this thread right now. The free flowing information from the internet has freed my mind and probably thousands of others. The WTS can do nothing to stem the tide, so they resort to desperate tactics. I see this trend in most of the articles now, not just this one.

Not that I am comparing myself to a primate, however in the movie "Rise of The Planet of the Apes" all it took was one of them to become self-aware to cause a paradigm shift in nature. I know it is fiction but the analogy is similar, there are probably tens of thousands that are self-aware of the falsehood and deception and these ones can have a powerful influence on others. Primarily with your spouses, children, parents etc. The message can be delivered, in a very contrived and subtle fashion without creating allot of suspicion. It is only a matter of time before the WTS self-destructs and that day can never come soon enough!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I enjoyed the youtube video discreetslave. Very good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit