Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

"...he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in nothaving any contact with him...Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God’s command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives."

How many good people can really be buying in to this kind of thinking? How many JWs, deep down, really agree with it?

As Watchtower tires to clamp down harder, it put it's foot deeper into it's own mouth.

As it puts it's foot deeper into it's own mouth, it receives more unwanted backlash.

As it receives more unwanted backlash, it has to clamp down harder.

Watchtower is creating a vicious cycle, a downward spiral, for itself.

• pontoon
    pontoon

For the borg and many witnesses the break up of families because of disfellowshipping confirms to them that they have the truth and are fulfilling what jesus said in Matt 10:34,35 that he came to divide families

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"18. After having reviewed the merits of loyalty

versus the consequences of disloyalty, what is

your resolve?"

Boy, is that a loaded question?!?!

That's not even twisting one's arm; it's a flatout being held at a gun point

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

For the borg and many witnesses the break up of families because of disfellowshipping confirms to them that they have the truth and are fulfilling what jesus said in Matt 10:34,35 that he came to divide families

Except they're on the wrong side of that line.

It begs the question. Who really is the true apostate? If JWs are wrong, the JWs are.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/jehovahs_witnesses_directory_beliefs.html

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's such blatant, emotionally manipulative bullshit it just makes me want to spit bullets!

How can these people even CLAIM to be identified by their love? Their brand of religion is shameful.

• geevee
    geevee

I have noticed that my 84 year old father-in-law who is an elder has been cutting himself off more and more from us. Even though we have NOT been DF/DA'd. He also keeps strong pressure on his wife to refrain.

This kind of shit drives them further away. CRIMINAL really. I bet when he is incapacitated and needs help, we will have to help them. BUt in his last five minutes on this planet he is going to get an earful!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Love Blondie's comment!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The most glaring error in their scenario is that they imagine that the entire family is obediant JWs with just one dfd member. In most families, only some members are JWs, and more than one may be dfd or faded. In those cases it is always the JWs that are humiliated in the eyes of their non-JW family because they wouldn't attend someone's wedding, or won't talk to their son whose only offense was fooling around with his girlfriend 20 years ago, or whatever.

These writers are living in their ivory tower and are clueless when it comes to the realities of the sheeples trying to live in the real world.

• minimus
    minimus

You know what's funny? One congregation might take a hard line and DF a person while another congregation will be less rules oriented and leave a person alone----yet Jehovah God is the one that disfellowship these sinners....Right!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Disgusting. It's comments like this that tempt me to become a militant apostate against this wicked organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit