Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I take your point 3rdgen but I wonder if perhaps the image is best as it is. Elders are being faced with a younger generation more and more removed from the world they know and feel comfortable with. Let them deal with it. This is reality looking them in the face and if the subliminal dialogue running through their minds is that this young person is 'worldly' then perhaps they aren't the elders that are ready to make a shift anyway.

Younger, more contemporary elders who might not be so quick to judge on appearances alone may well consider why this young woman is crying. Has she been disfellowshipped? Is she missing her parents, siblings or friends? Or is she in fact a sister struggling to reconcile her love for Jehovah and her love of a disfellowshipped family member? Is she being given the final push out of the 'Truth'.

But I'd love to get more input and nothing is final yet . . .

• TD
    TD
    The most glaring error in their scenario is that they imagine that the entire family is obediant JWs with just one dfd member. In most families, only some members are JWs, and more than one may be dfd or faded. In those cases it is always the JWs that are humiliated in the eyes of their non-JW family because they wouldn't attend someone's wedding, or won't talk to their son whose only offense was fooling around with his girlfriend 20 years ago, or whatever.

Good one, Billy.

There are also entire cultures who reject shunning. That's one of the many things I admire the Hispanic community for. There are individual exceptions, but generally speaking, Family is family and nothing ever changes that.

I guess it's just too bad for the JW's that a fairly high percentage of their new converts aren't going to tow the line here

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If that doesn't get them in a lot of very hot water for blackmail, that is strong reason to suspect that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is currently part of the One World Totalitarian Government. I remember the "mentally diseased" rubbish not getting them shut down in Australia last year despite its being blatant hate speech (along with the "apostates deserve to die" rubbish in another washtowel not so distant from the "mentally diseased" one).

It is blatant blackmail to hold your family hostage to a belief system. Either you feel shame and guilt for breaking a stupid rule, or you never see your family again. And you have to believe and teach everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out, or again you never see your family again. If I was running a small business and tried that rubbish, I would probably be looking at a nice long jail sentence. When the Washtowel Slaveholdery gets away with it once it is studied, it will be further evidence that they are currently (not once upon a time, CURRENTLY) in with the One World Totalitarian Government.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I think we should hand these postcards out to all the houses in a neighborhood just before the JWs work that neighborhood.

Or stand a few feet from a JW table at a college or mall and hand them out.

The PUBLIC needs to know!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

marked...

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

nicolaou, I think you should include this scripture on the postcard:

Galatians 5:22-23

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control.

Against such things there is no law.

• Gladring
    Gladring

Speaking of the "mentally diseased" article. It's a shame that the comments page on the newspaper website is no longer active. It would be very useful to have this as refutational material.

• lisaBObeesa
  • Room 215
    Room 215

First and foremost, consider the uber-phoniness of another of the purported "real-life" examples cited in the paragraph 17; it ranks right up there with the recent one in which an affluent JW couple divested themselves of two (or was it three?) homes, a luxury automobile or two jewelry, etc. and are now deliriously happy as regular pioneer door-bangers..... (barf)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

nicolaou - nice work

The cult is obviously having problems, they have devoted a lot of publishing space and assembly and convention parts over the past year to control of the sheep on the subject of hatred of the df'd/da'd.

Next thing you know they will have new light about 2 Thes 2:3 applying to current conditions facing God's Organization, making it certain that the end must be soon.

(2 Thessalonians 2:3) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

fcuikng mnid cnortol clut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit