Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

How long did the Corinthian congregation wait to reinstate, or welcome back, the offender in 1 Cor. Chapter 5 who had non-biological incest with his father's wife? It surely wasn't ten years. Paul never intended such cruelty, writing in 2 Cor. 2:6-8, "6 The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. 7 Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. 8 I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him."

The streak of irrational, unbiblical cruelty that runs deep through the Watchtower Society can best be understood when you realize that their religion has roots deep in the occult as that concept is defined in any contemporary dictionary.

This documented historical connection with the occult is evident in several ways. Russell relied heavily on astrological predictions and signs of the zodiac. Rutherford believed that Jehovah most likely resided in the Pleiades constellation. Many of Rutherford and Russell's false predictions were calculated based on alignment and measurement of ancient Egyptian pyramids relying in essence on the powers of the occult. A small pyramid was erected next to Russell's grave as a memorial to his life and work. The satanic All-Seeing Eye of occult worship adorns Russell's memorial pyramid, and early Watchtower publications incorporate Masonic symbolism to a great degree. Furthermore, the Divine Plan of the Ages, an early Watchtower book, is adorned with the Winged Sun Disc, an Egyptian religious symbol of pagan origins and false worship.

The Jehovahs Witnesses can run from their occult past, but they can't hide. Nor can they sweep these truths under the rug of their New Light Doctrine. Due to such an un-biblical foundation that continued well into the 1920s, it is inconceivable that Jesus Christ chose the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as their sole representatives on earth due to the purity of their faith.
    http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/occult_jehovahs_witnesses.html

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WT's hard line on Disfellowshipping and Shunning is what brings reproach on the God of the Bible who the WT claim to worship!

I heard a D. O. recently say that the only ones that can bring reproach on a good name are those who are related to that name or embrace it. Seems logical to me!

• steve2
    steve2
    Why would any self-respecting person keep approaching flesh and blood who have so completely and utterly scorned him?"

Yes I know outsmartthe system: The biological connection can be extremely strong. Yet, there comes a time when the rejected soul has to decide how much more they can take of the repeated rejection of their heart-filled overtures.

That's where - paradoxically - the cruel disfellowshipping process can become an inadvertent means of being a wake up call to building a new life filled with personal integrity and personal responsibility. A make or break time if you like. For many people, the slow realization that they are stronger than they would have ever imagined and can build a life independent of "loved ones" is one outcome of a lot of significant pain. If any thing shines through about humans and pain, it is the amazing resources of resilience within people if they develop an awareness of their own strength, free from the crippling need to keep putting themselves in situations where they will be rejected and crushed all over again.

None of this is mean to minimize the extreme difficulty in re-building one's life after one's family has been so completely rejecting. But the alternatives - being forced to return to a soul-destroying religion or engaging in self-destructive behaviour - don't bear contemplation. Sometimes in life the only "safe" alternative is to reframe the vile experience as an oppportunity to learn from it and grow. I don't take these words lightly, because in ym own case, I view my disfellowshipping as possibly the first time in my life I simply had to stand on my own two feet - because no one else was there to hold me up. Painful. Unimaginably scary and sad. But in the longer term, unbelievably empowering.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I think pentoon hit the nail on the head. The young man returned, not because he loved Jehovah; not because he missed going to meetings and participating in them; not because he loved going out in field service, but because he missed his family! What does this say about the quality of this religion that love for family trumps love for God? Nothing good, that much is certain. And, I also have to believe that this "experience", with its anonymous, faceless people and unnamed places and dates, is a pure fabrication which is meant wholly, solely, and only to threaten rank-and-file Witnesses with the shunning treatment if they get disfellowshipped or leave on their own.

What is also suspicious about this story is the fact that there is no follow up, no recounting of how things have gone for this man since his reinstatement. For instance, we are not told about the restrictions placed on him after his return. We are not told how many in the congregation who may have known him formerly still would not associate with him. We are not told of his status as a second-class Witness the elders imposed upon him. We are simply given a fairy-tale to read with its "and they all settled down and lived happily ever after" ending. The story lacks credibility on many levels and should not be taken seriously. But I can remember the many years I was gullible enough to swallow such "experiences" hook, line and sinker. I never questioned their authenticity simply because I chose to believe the Governing Body incapable of lying to or deliberately deceiving anybody. I know better now.

Quendi

• moshe
    moshe

JWs will use weasel words in explaining to a householder about their shunning and imply that it's not organized from the top down- they try to claim that individuals can talk to ex-JWs if they want to- no problemo for them. This latest WT will take those claims to liar status, if JWs try to assert they don't break up families over a member who leaves the KH.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank you for posting this... much excellent info!

I'm so very sad however....

I feel sad for myself and for my child, which has already expressed being stressed because of the last article that came out. My child is new to the WTS/a student, but at the same time is very insightful. I'm in dire hopes a huge "warning" light goes off when this new article comes out. Especially the part which reads, "Jehovah is watching" and "Came back because of family" (mind you not Jah)?

I can't help it. The more time goes by and I find out their true core soul. The more I've come to loath them.

• Violia
    Violia

I posted this earlier in this thread but wanted to say it again b/c to me it epitomizes what the WTS has done to natural family relationships.

I talked with a sister whose fleshly sister had just died .The fleshly sister never was a jws and did not want to be. The jws sister said to me " SHE WAS LIKE A SISTER TO ME" . One of the saddest things I have ever heard.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dispicable! Speaking as a person who is being shunned by most of my family, I can say that painful as this is, it is not a fraction as bad as when my children wanted no contact with me. The hurt is indescribable. I am beyond greatful my daughter is out and we are now close.

For those of you suffering the greatest hurt, my heart truely goes out to you. If I had to pose as a JW to see or talk to my child, I would make that sacrifice. We should never judge each other about doing what is best for US.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Funny how in the UK telegraph's article about last year's "mentally diseased" quote, the official JW response was that shunning is "a personal matter for each individual to decide for himself," but members are told here that shunning is "Jehovah's decree" and "God's command".

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Jeffro: Funny how in the UK telegraph's article about last year's "mentally diseased" quote, the official JW response was that shunning is "a personal matter for each individual to decide for himself," but members are told here that shunning is "Jehovah's decree" and "God's command".

That's because they are God damned liars!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit