Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I always wondered although Satan had been cast out of his family, that the book of Job shows that Satan still was allowed in heaven and talked to God. Not a very good example for God to set for parents.

That is because God hadn't made a cartoon yet depicting Jesus-Michael the Archangel casting Satan to the earth in 1914, silly! You see, until Jesus was throned King of Heaven there didn't seem to be any acknowledged leadership in heaven. Sure God was there but he seemed to just tear around the hallways steaming pissed and yelling, "You don't like your Mana! That's all we got you insolent whelps! Jesus-Michael, is it 1914 yet?"

-Sab

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Jehovah’s decree not to associate
    with disfellowshipped relatives.

Jehovah's decree??

Well, now the witnesses can't say it is up to their conscience. (My sister loves to say that it is up to her conscience, that the Org does not make her shun mom.)

But that is not true.

They are not allowed by their religion to speak with family members who leave the religion.

They have no choice.

Never let them tell you they do!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What's more is they say that it is God's instruction.

The hypocrisy is great and my stomach churns when I really think about it. I think Jesus puts it nicely:

Mark 7 - 6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    7 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’

-Sab

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Also, note in the preceding paragraph:

"...REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH

16 There are members of the congregation

who committed serious sins and

who were reproved “with severity, that

they may be healthy in the faith.” (Titus

1:13) For some, their conduct has

required that they be disfellowshipped.

For “those who have been trained by it,”

the discipline has helped them to become

spiritually restored. (Heb. 12:11)

What if we have a relative or a close

friend who is disfellowshipped? Now

our loyalty is on the line, not to that

person, but to God. Jehovah is watching

us to see whether we will abide by

his command not to have contact with

anyone (emphasys NOT mine) who is disfellowshipped.—Read

1 Corinthians 5:11-13."

Tell me, why do they need to point special attention to "anyone"? And "Jehovah is watching us" WTF, like a prison guard, not like the loving father he is supposed to be...

There are more gems in there. Poor drones are in for a rough ride.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I would say the JWs are easily the GOATS.

Matthew 25
    The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Again propoganda stuff. It seems that they like the way: you can destroy family or you beat some one only if the victim in a later stage will be an JW.

DS

• No Room For George
  • bigmac
    bigmac

is this word "disfellowshipped" found anywhere in the bible?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with the point about the fear of losing control. With the amount of children not staying in, there's likely alot of communication with wordly ones. With so many out there now, perhaps only the grandparents are in now, they all can't be mentally deseased

• nugget
    nugget

so we have gone from necessary family business, to careful about what is classed as necessary family business to no contact whatsoever. They are friving the wedge in further. How much more disgusting can this organisation get,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit