Please Post Reasons For Not Believing The Witnesses Have The "Truth" Anymore

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

It is ironic that it was due to the DF docturine that caused me to see the dark side of the Borg. Had it not been for that I would still be "in". Being DF freed me to read "apostate" material and research JW history beyond what the WBTS publishes. I had no idea of the sexual abuse in the orginazation. Now I have my eyes opened and have knowledge of several things like they own/invest in warfare technology, investment in phillip morris, tyes to the UN, flip floppiing doctrine, and so on. They did me a favor by kicking me out. I did however lose my parents, and my brother.

• wobble
    wobble

The only brief moment in time when they had a grasp of a truth was when Rutherford said "Religion is a snare and a racket", he was right of course, not to exclude his very own religion by that statement.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The millions now living brochure on p.89 & 90 dogmatically stated that in 1925 the present world system would come to an end and millions now living will never die. Even FW Franz stated in an interview that JF Rutherford said that he made an ass of himself when his "spirit directed" prophecy failed. I feel for the countless members that actually believed that false prophet and sold their homes, put off higher education, postponed marriage & children. When an organization claims to be Gods mouthpiece and anyone questioning matters of doctrine is labeled an apostate and deserving of destruction while the leader enjoyed 2 cadillacs, a couple mansions in San Diego and having drinking problems I think that might make him look as if "maybe just maybe" this is not God's organization. In 1937 the then WT attorney Olin Moyle wrote JF Rutherford a letter expressing his disgust at how JFR mistreated the Bethel family, his drinking habits, filthy language and luxurious living. He had the courage to stand up for wIhat was right. JFR kicked him out if bethel and slandered him by name in the watchtower magazine. Oline Moyle sued for libel and won the lawsuit of $30,000. I wonder why this didn't appear in the Proclaimers book? The GB would never resort to lies and deceit because they are faithful right?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Multiple changes on the Generation. It has become a JOKE.

• finallysomepride
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Anymore? I don't think they ever had it in the first place!

But for me the first thing was 1919.

They could not possibly have been chosen, and the so called proof that they were is only that they meet their own criteria for it! They wrote the rules of what being accepted were, then ticked their own boxes.

smuck charletans

oz

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

In the "Revelation - It's Grand Climax At Hand" book, the seven trumpet blasts were interpreted to symbolize a series of Bible Student conventions in the 1920s. As a kid, I thought it impossible that whoever was writing Revelation in the first century would have written that with a series of religious gatherings 19 centuries later in mind. It's intellectually dishonest and makes it clear that the organization would go to any lengths to make itself relevent.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

No person nor organization like the WTBTS can have the "Truth" when there is abundant evidence in their literature that they speak with a forked tongue!

• designs
    designs

Sic- Cleveland Ohio was to be the New Jerusalem, or as one xJW says Cleveland f$%^&king Ohio

• Heaven
    Heaven

Shunning, misogyny, exclusivism, isolationism, oppression, narrow mindedness, 'waiting on Jehovah', prejudism, going beyond scripture, the math doesn't add up, inappropriate use of scripture to fulfill a man-made agenda, using fear and guilt to force a group of people to do what you want them to do, the 100% failure of their Armageddon Prophecy, their meaning of the 144,000 number from the Bible, their lack of understanding of the history of the Bible, their stance on higher education, their lack of critical thinking skills, and their ever widening gap and grip on reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit