Please Post Reasons For Not Believing The Witnesses Have The "Truth" Anymore

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

mrquik - Although, they all died in the flesh but the memories of their deeds and the way they lived their lives remains. Thats the logic and the plain truth behind the expression that those millions who witnessed 1914 will never die.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Are you ever going to comment on my posts? I feel kind of left out.

• Terry
    Terry

I did not perform due dilligence before accepting Watchtower doctrine as Truth.

I did not have the credentials to begin to know how to refute anything I was taught.

I was directed toward scriptures and told they supported doctrine.

Mostly, I was absorbed into the religion by gradual osmosis from being with my best friend who was JW.

At a certain point my presence was "natural."

Eventually I was pressured to demonstrate I was not a freeloader by getting baptised.

My in depth study did not begin until I went into Federal prison where I was exposed to deeply committed and intelligent JW's with

a passion to know, study and preach.

The study of early Watchtower publications was very revealing of the crackpot nature of claims unsupported by any reasonable facts.

The peremptory and summary dismissal of anything written before NOW by the Society demonstrates awareness that it was wrong and dangerous to read.

If what the Watchtower organization publishes is always TRUTH---how the hell does it go out of print or become "old" light?

True is true. Wrong is wrong. Which is it?

• minimus
    minimus

N.Drew, I like to play with the girls, if that makes ya feel better.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

mannkeli - a better troll angle would be that the WT was incorrect on living on 'earth' that millions now living will never die because at physical death they had instant transformation to spiritual life, in essence, they never died. :P

• minimus
    minimus

Terry, the truth stands on its own merits.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

any of you ever heard the saying, "you wrestle with pigs, you come out smelling like shit"? you need to ignore mankeli. he knows exactly what he's doing, he's making a mockery of the entire notion of challenging the wt...which is exactly what they want? anyone that challenges them to seem mentally sick?

and if you consistently engage the mentally sick...what do you become yourself.......?

When I was little... my father was famous.
    He was the greatest sam-urai in the empire;
    and he was the Shogun's decapitator.
    He cut off the heads of a hundred and thirty-one lords.
    It was a bad time for the empire.
    The Shogun just stayed inside his castle -- and he never came out.
    People said his brain was infected by DEVILS.
    My father would come home -- he would forget about the killings.
    He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him.
    Maybe that was the problem.
    Then, one night... the Shogun sent his ninja spies to our house.
    They were supposed to kill my father... but they didn't.
    *woman screams*
    That was the night everything changed

• maninthemiddle
  • minimus
    minimus

I think Mank Is actually supporting us. He's simply repeating all the WT. BS so simply, that either you feel sick because all this thelogy crap is in your face or you see it as he's doing everyone a favor----proving the stupidity of the religion.

I think Mank's on our team.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I would have to say that the religion's 1995 changed teaching on generation was what ended it in my mind. They lost any credibility they may have had. Although, it wasn't as if there wasn't a laundry list of other things that were wrong with them and my study conductors didn't lay all the cards on the table. They hid the real story about the 1975 fiasco and blamed members. I was told the religion was "simply bible students" and "had no clergy". What a joke and sadly the joke was on me.

There were always other things I just didn't buy about the religion. I had a hard time of it and it was like swimming against the current because I resisted people's nerviness. I also thumbed my nose at their anti-college, anti-career stand. However, this generation teaching was a biggie that could not be ignored as far as I was concerned. This was a linchpin teaching and they just pulled the rug out from under everybody. And it was the way they did it that bothered me as well. They just simply slipped it into a magazine article with no special heading.

I had no use for the religion from this point forward and continued as a zombie for the next five years. I endured many years there but in the year 2000 I learned the truth about them on the internet and I knew it was time to leave as I could no longer continue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit