Please Post Reasons For Not Believing The Witnesses Have The "Truth" Anymore

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

I own a copy of Furuli's book and have read and studied it at lenght, when I was still a convinced JW. Reading it pushed me to read all concerned bible verses in its context, and once I have read Jeremia 25 in context, it was obvious he was misrepresenting on purpose what was written in the bible. JW only respect him because he defends their unscriptural point of view. Even the WTS realizes they cannot write about him as a scholar, as they would have done so in the 01nov2011 issue. His book was an important nail in the coffin of my faith in the Watchtower Society. Please read 1st Furuli s book and then read C.O Jonssons Gentile Times Reconsidered. As you then have seen both sides of the story, you can judge for yourselves.

Hoffnung

• minimus
    minimus

If you are intelligent and can read, and have a critical mind, you can't help but see how ridiculous the religion is.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whaddaya mean, "Anymore"...????

Those knuckleheads NEVER had ANY "truth"....

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"During the past few years I've shared the quotes with JWs as they visit our neighborhood. In each case their first words invariably are something like, "Oh, that's the way it has always been with "the truth" - new light is constantly showing God's organization better understanding of Bible topics."

After I remind them that these changes from one quote to the next are not simple teaching adjustments but are to "previous points of view", known also as flip-flops, they've conceded that they can see my point -- then ask if they could research the matter and return in a few days to clear it up for me. I always tell them that I would welcome that. In each instance no one has returned." THE GREAT WATCHTOWER CONTRADICTION

The above quote and link is to an 11-minute read. Though it targets newly-interested (in Watchtower teachings) ones, the points are valid for any who may be lurking.

Len

• designs
    designs

Fat- 99% of all modern JWs do not know that the Generation changes were to positions held by Rutherford in the late 20s and Russell before his death.

• AGuest
    AGuest

My reason lies in many things, dear Miniman (peace to you!)... including the "authority" they claim to operate by: the Bible. For example, those folks will routinely ask, "How long have you been in the truth?" This is an interesting question, in light of Christ's words that, "I am... the truth..." (John 14:6)... and "You will know the truth and the truth will set your free. ... Therefore, if the SON sets you free you will truly BE free." John 8:32, 36.

For one to be "in the truth", then... one would have to be "in" Christ. The only way one can be "in" Christ, however... is to be in union with him, so as to be a member of his Body. IN "him." For those who ARE, he had the following words:

"Remain in union with me and I in union with you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can you unless you remain in union with me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because APART from me you can do nothing at all." John 15:4, 5

Yet, the WTBTS actually PREVENTS such "union." How? Well, Christ is also recorded to have said:

"He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me and I in union with him." John 6:56

Thus, the very foundation of their sense of "pride" (how long one has been "in") has nothing to do with being in the truth, or even with being in Christ. Rather, it is simply about how long one has been in THEM... and thus, MISLED by them. This is significant, in light of Christ's words that:

"The scribes and Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses." Matthew 23:2

Moses' "seat" was that of mediator. The WTBTS leaders seat themselves in his "seat" and by doing so have "divided" the Christ. They have created a two-class system where some (a few) are permitted to partake so as to claim such union and Christ as their mediator... but others (most) are precluded from doing so (both, partaking so as to try an establish a union... AND, more importantly... claiming Christ as THEIR mediator), even persecuted for doing so. While it is true that there are two GROUPS from which the Body of Christ are taken ("Jews" and "Gentiles"... or Israel and the nations)... these form ONE flock. Two groups forming one... not one group divided into two. According to the WTBTS, however, Christ, is not even the "mediator" of the latter.

Who, then, IS their mediator? The WTBTS. The ones who have sat themselves in Moses' "seat" on behalf of these "other" sheep.

Which flies in the face of the very things their supposed "authority"... the Bible (and, notice, NOT the Holy Spirit or holy spirit!)... itself states.

This, among many other things, gives me NO doubt that they are NOT the truth. No way, no how... not by any stretch. I don't have to look to their failed prophecies... which only show them to be a false prophet. The fact that they are NOT the truth, but usurp that title from the One it was given to... shows me that they are false "christs" (false anointed), as well. I don't need anything more than that.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who hopes dear Mankkeli is given ears to "hear" and get the sense of what I shared here... given how much his OWN life is in the hands of... hangs on a tragically misled faith in... the WTBTS...

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL @ Found Sheep

I was the book study overseer THREE TIMES for the Revelation Climax Book..... that thing is the biggest pile of crap ever written. Its our 'generations'.....did I just use that word?.....version of the Finished Mystery.

I swear a group got together from the Writing Department, smoked a bowl, hammered down several bottles of wine.....and wrote that thing.

Sure.....you know.....John was on Patmos talking about bowls.....and they meant Kingdom Tract no. 12 in the 20th century.

Come on people.....I conducted that thing....THREE TIMES..... I'm embarrassed!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Fat- 99% of all modern JWs do not know that the Generation changes were to positions held by Rutherford in the late 20s and Russell before his death.

Hi Designs,

I respectfully disagree -- and here's why.

My research shows -- and this was unexpected -- that Russell and Rutherford were in total agreement on the teaching about the resurrection of the Sodomites. Of the eight sequentially contradictory positions (yes, no, yes, no ...) position number 2 was during the Nathan Knorr years of Watchtower administration.

Prior to that one, Russell's writings included no less than 29 articles that taught Watchtower position of: resurrection, yes. That was followed by no less than 4 articles by Rutherford -- teaching that same position up till, and including, 1939.

It was on Knorr's watch when The Watchtower rocked the boat with the first change -- resurrection, no. That came in 1952, some 73 years after Russell's first position in the inaugural edition of Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence.

Len

• N.drew
    N.drew

I remember the new addition of the Revelation Book that was published. I said to myself wow! they are going to fix it! Then when I saw it, I thought FALSE. They lie. The only thing different was some numbers, I think. That is when I knew. I knew I was being lied to. I stayed because they were my "spiritual family". But nobody else said a thing. I put feelers out but all I got back was rhetoric. There was one sister, who like me, believed counting our time was wrong. But I moved and don't know what happened to her. she is Angela. I hope she is here!

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

all of mankeli's post have convinced me the jdubs are all satans children. he doesn't need to continue anymore.

the arguements provided clearly show that this is a HIGH CONTROL GROUP that don't want you to think.

and they are straight out of the US of A. like the mormons, and adventists and scientologists and the rest of the cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit